Hardline Crawlers
September 23, 2018, 09:42:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 05+ superduty disc brakes  (Read 13272 times)
al1tonyota

« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »

I've mostly been looking at it since mine needed new rotors, and I plan to run manual brakes, so I've been wondering if I can size the MC correctly to have decent pedal feel. Everybody and their brother has done it with 3/4-ton chevy calipers, and they are easy to find and cheap.

I'd love the Branik setup, but not $1800 love it to setup front and rear the same.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and bought new rotors and fresh unit bearings, and hope to have them machined soon and I'll figure out the MC later.

I'm interested to see what caliper you end up with and the mounting.
I had made some brackets that would require some grinding and welding of the stock caliper bracket mounting points and also would still have bolts mounting the adaptor but... I bought the Reid knuckle so I could run my draglink higher and it’s not made the same as the stock so I’m back to the engineering phase but I’m going to run 07’ 2500hd rear calipers brackets and rotors one way or the other.

al1tonyota

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »

kmcminn
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2018, 08:45:45 AM »

What's the latest on your brake kit?

Maybe next week.
al1tonyota

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »

Well I ended up ordering Reid knuckles since a straight tierod won’t even come close to working! That said I’m not gonna cut and grind them down like I did the factory one I was prototyping.  Basically I don’t know what I’m going to do now I can use the parts I bought for the rear since it is the exact axle they are for?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: