• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone heard when the lowmax 205 will be available again

I talked to him for a while about a a month ago. The problem he's having is finding a foundry to cast the Case's. He has plenty of gear sets sitting on go and making new ones isn't a problem. Finding a foundry to make the Case's for a reasonable price to keep them affordable is his main hurdle. I told him about this site and that he should get on here and check interest out. We even talked about a Ford Lomax case. He said it's doable for sure. The founder that was doing them went out of business. I told him if he could get it together there's a heck of a market. There great Case's. We just put one in a buddy's rig that a regular 205 a bigger stall and a th350. His crawl gear was lacking to say the least. Since the Lomax it's perfect. Hell I even thought about helping him find one. I'd sport the **** outta the First Ford Lomax 205. ;D

I've two places in mind. I may call him back tomorrow. He said he just never did the Ford cause he never got as many calls asking for it like he did the Chevy. I told him a Ford Will Sale I promise.

Re:

Sry if i am speaking ignorance, but why the need for the new case? I know it's stronger, but have ppl been breaking the cases on stock 205s? Do the gears require a bigger case?

If you could put the lomax gears in a stock case, i think there is another way around the forged case that could get him back in business.

When I finally blow my atlas and need to upgrade I would buy one. I wanted one so bad I could taste it when I put my buggy together

Re:

I think I'm gonna end up going Blackbox or ORD Magnum but I'd rather just have a Lomax to keep it even simpler. My 241 gearing is tits in my jeep. Great ratio to crawl with and mash my motor with.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I bet he could put a hurting on the Atlas/Hero market

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I agree..I wonder if any of those places ever tried to buy him out or if they did, what he'd say.

200 pc mins at a foundry seems high for something that's a decent size like this. I've worked with a few places purchasing cast and forged items and even smaller parts I'm not being pushed for large runs, nor do the prices drop drastically from what I've seen. On large items, 25 pc mins are what I'm ordering, sometimes 50.

Maybe I should call him and help out with finding a foundry, and get a free sample to test out. molaugh

Re: Re: Anyone heard when the lowmax 205 will be available again

truckbroke said:
That's what i figured. I would still like to see where the gears have issues. The input/output/gear centerlines are the same so unless the gears interfere with the case in a bunch of places, i still think you could make parts to beef the stock case back up vs having to cast a new one.

Re: Anyone heard when the lowmax 205 will be available again

paradisepwoffrd said:
That's what i figured. I would still like to see where the gears have issues. The input/output/gear centerlines are the same so unless the gears interfere with the case in a bunch of places, i still think you could make parts to beef the stock case back up vs having to cast a new one.

I'd guess clearance issues front and back due to the thicker gears.

e9e257b8b073418dfa9b77892df5189a.jpg

HP 60's are all drive drop. 14 bolt fronts seem to fit better on the drivers side. My rear engine rear diff is on the pass side and I'm running a Ford 205 and need lower gearing. LoMax would be a perfect solution. thumb.gif

rpf500 said:
I agree..I wonder if any of those places ever tried to buy him out or if they did, what he'd say.

200 pc mins at a foundry seems high for something that's a decent size like this. I've worked with a few places purchasing cast and forged items and even smaller parts I'm not being pushed for large runs, nor do the prices drop drastically from what I've seen. On large items, 25 pc mins are what I'm ordering, sometimes 50.

Maybe I should call him and help out with finding a foundry, and get a free sample to test out. molaugh

I was wondering the same thing. Very surprised a bigger place hasn't tried to cash in on this. You really should give him a call. I bet I talked to him for 30 minutes. Very nice fellow and he had all kinds of questions. He'd never heard of a hero case. I honestly don't think he realizes what kind of market he would have if he'd get these things going. I tried to tell him.