• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone heard when the lowmax 205 will be available again

Re: Re:

muddinmetal said:
Or someone could just direct him to this thread instead of fagbook
Fagbook would reach a MUCH larger audience than the couple of people on this thread who said they want one.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Anyone heard when the lowmax 205 will be available again

Jduck said:
I'd guess clearance issues front and back due to the thicker gears.

e9e257b8b073418dfa9b77892df5189a.jpg
Possibly but the pic angle is deceiving. To me the overall thickness of the gear and syncro look to be even.

I would expect the gear diameters to be much larger to justify a new case.

In an early pirate thread they mentioned the width/offset of the case was the same as stock. Also indicated that initial product was for a kit vs an entire case. Not sure what changed since then.

But hell i would be fine with a welded rectangular steel box to hold the gears if eveything worked fine and was strong.

I have one , bought it new 8+ years ago. The gears are thicker and bigger OD". They won't fit thought the opening in a stock 205 housing. Not even close. That's why you have to have a different case. So it's not a optical illusion.

Also the new case is an 1" or so wider than a stock case.

And the way it was when I bought , the kit was to re use output shafts/yokes/ bearing retainers/ forks ect vs. buying a case ready to go

What would estimated cost be on one "these" days vs. An atlas which gives you more options on gearing to start with. To me the strength is close to the same on both....it comes down to cost in the end. I'm sure it hasn't came back for a reason, but who knows with trump in office it might just be the new thing! Ha

fabricator1 said:
Got a email yesterday saying the lowmax 205's will be shipping next week
Sure wish they made ford ones!

onepieceatatime said:
Sure wish they made ford ones!

X2!!!

zukimaster said:
Don't mind me asking, but how much was that Lomax stuff?
$1600. About the same cost as what you're doing. You will have more gear options with what you are doing. I'm going this route because I'm putting a buggy together with unimog portal axles and the pinion is super long making the driveshaft really short. I don't have any extra room for a doubler box

Personally I think a lot of the 205 love is pure nostalgia. They were king of the hill back when the baddest rigs around were running Ramjet 350s. Now there's guys running Atlas cases in 800hp Ultra4 race cars worth 250k. I would put a full race cased built Atlas with all the bells and whistles up against the Lowmax any day. Just my opinion ;D :stir:

redneckengineered said:
Personally I think a lot of the 205 love is pure nostalgia. They were king of the hill back when the baddest rigs around were running Ramjet 350s. Now there's guys running Atlas cases in 800hp Ultra4 race cars worth 250k. I would put a full race cased built Atlas with all the bells and whistles up against the Lowmax any day. Just my opinion ;D :stir:

But they are a tad more than $1600

Latest posts