• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2.0 with completed pictures

Re: Casper 2.0

****, new kingpins are the cheapest part to replace. thumb.gif. ECGS has most of the random rebuild parts for the D60 if you cant source them locally.

Now removing the kingpins from a 30+ year old axle can bring the suck. I usually cut a hole in a scrap piece (3"x5") of 1/4" plate just large enough to slip over the kingpin. Weld a fat bead welding the kingpin to this piece of plate. Just tap the plate with a hammer and the kingpin should just come out.

Re: Re: Casper 2.0

kmcminn said:
Front axle is ready to have the ram finish welded. Rear axle is done. Chassis is welded. Started on skid plates tonight. Engine is at machine shop. Trying to get a shop lined up to do the interior and build a fuel cell.
If you're willing to travel check out MarsFab in Concord.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

redneckengineered said:
subscribed

Thanks you have been a big help!
hokie_yj said:
Looking really good! Sorry if I missed it but who built the chassis? I really like it.
The guy who started it was working for Woodlee. It has the same subframe and a lot of similar lines. It also uses a lot their brackets and tabs. The b pillars had wide open design written on them with a paint pen. Im sure the guy who started it used a lot of their prebent tubing.

Thanks

kmcminn said:
Motor is back together in buggy. Axles are finished and in. All drivetrain is in.Chassis is welded. Radiator is in and plumbed. Should be going to get some love in the next few weeks. All parts are bought and ready. Harness is going to Culvers to get cut down this weekend.

:dblthumb:

Latest posts