• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MMORV - ShamRock Run 2017 - Mar 24-26

356f920aab9d1343552ec4bb35c16d63.jpg
6d3916910ced5c01bc8961908451498a.jpg

Only 2 pics I took

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftoy516 said:
What size was it and how bad did it bend? what caused the failure? Can you post a picture......we have been wondering what it would take to bend one of these things

Trucker had a failure on 7075 aluminum links a couple weeks ago. He will have to measure the dia. 1 1/4" heim crazy cajun buggy with mild cam/tune 6.0 400 205 setup on rockwell's and 43" stickies. Didnt bend the bar but ripped the threads out of it. And the jam nuts and heims were tight. We had just checked them

ftoy516 said:
What size was it and how bad did it bend? what caused the failure? Can you post a picture......we have been wondering what it would take to bend one of these things

It didn't bend it kept shape but It took a very hard lick and cracked at the threads!

nonstop tools said:
It didn't bend it kept shape but It took a very hard lick and cracked at the threads!

I can't imagine anything that dude driving taking a hard hit. He babies everything!

It landed on the part the heims threads into on primos. It split the link and the heims pulled out. It would have destroyed anything else much worse. Those links have been abused for 3 years so I'm ok with it.

What a great day. I haven't enjoyed myself that much (legally) in a LONG time. Weather was perfect all day for driving and hanging out with great friends. It has been too long since I have been to Morris Mountain and forgot some of the best trails there, RBD, Loop Springs, V Notch(Hardline) GBU, Los Primos, Copperhead and just some good old trail riding fun. Old Brian had them peanuts boling and Stephen had the gate under control which made getting out and riding so much easier. Even finally got to shake a lot of hands and put faces to names. The best part of the weekend was seeing the smiles that were on Nan's and Joys faces. They were priceless and can't wait to get them back on the trails, WATCHOUT!!! Thanks to all that came and the people that helped out. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

BUG-E J said:
It landed on the part the heims threads into on primos. It split the link and the heims pulled out. It would have destroyed anything else much worse. Those links have been abused for 3 years so I'm ok with it.

So you're saying you didn't clear it...you musta lifted. hitit

Had the pleasure to meet with Nan and Joy and give them the profits made by selling the stickers. Very nice persons. I'm glad I crossed their path.

I've got plenty of other pics coming, but I wanted to get this one out :

927754DSC4934.jpg

I can't believe that there isn't more damage. It landed hard on the belly.
Driver was obviously not fully committed, just saying.

There is a video floating around Facebook.

I think the link is fine.

Just needs a hose clamp around the threads and it's mint again !

:D

718450DSC5201.jpg

Glad to get to come had a great time! Got to see some Old faces and spend some time with newer ones. Great seeing solo and .38 special on the same trail at once. Tough deal but great to see.

Pretty sure if nitrous would have been working driver wouldn't have let out :****: just saying. Alot would have gotten torn up if it would have broke any other waybut winched the rearback in place slid the driveshaft back together and chain and binder later drove it out. Think BUG-E J just needs to stay away from primos! Haha