• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Theres always tomorrow"

d_daffron

I dont post on here much, I read pretty much every topic and add my 2c when I have some personal experience to offer.

Well here is a topic I have something to offer advice on. My daughter Rebekah was born 3 years ago with a mild unknown siezure disorder., she was our first and only child so we did everything by the book, the wife quit caffeine when we started trying to get pregnant, never allowed her around Cigarette smoke, the whole nine yards. Still, 4 days after my daughter was born she began to have seizures. We spent the next 3 years looking for a cause for her condition, multiple doctors and weeks at a time in NICU. Despite all the blood testing, 3 spinal taps, genetic testing of her DNA and a whole battery of other tests that I havnt mentioned, all her doctors finally decided that she would most likely grow out of it. We were hopeful at that prognosis but after a Leukodystrophy scare we decided to take no chances and live everyday to its fullest with Rebekah. Those of you that know me know what I mean, wherever we went Rebekah went. She spent her days fishing, trail riding and helping me wrench on whatever project I was currently working on.
Like any good gearhead I spent my time worrying about the next project. For the past few weeks I have been focused on trying to come up with a new front axle for my jeep buggy and dreaming about the bouncer I hoped to build one day.
Last week Me, the wife and Rebekah made a trip up to visit Toyota104, and pick up a set of Reds to go on the jeep for this riding season, (that really put my axle search into overdrive). But despite that we still found the time to stop at Nocalula falls in Gadsdenon the way back home and enjoy the falls and Rebekah's company. The whole trip Rebekah was amazing, and even asked her mommy for a race buggy numerous times.
Fast forward to last night 01/12/2017, Rebekah played till bed time then off to bed she went at 8pm. About 10:30 she got up because she had to peepee so she handled business then back to bed she went. At 4am this morning I awoke to a strange noise coming from Rebekah's room. I went to see what was going on and found her in a pool of sweat and vomit completely unresponsive. We rushed her to the closest hospital where the did their best to stabilize her then transported her to Children's Hospital via lLife flight. At about 3pm today the doctors came into the waiting room and told us that Rebekah was no longer with us. Now theres a good chance I wont even care enough to get those tires mounted up on the buggy this year and I certainly dont care about that new front axle that I focused so much attention on for the past couple weeks.

I said all that to tell you guys to cherish every day and never fall for the age old saying "theres always tomorrow" cause its complete B.S. Oh what I would give to have a tomorrow with my little girl. I am thankful for the three awesome years we got with Rebekah. And I thank God for allowing us to get to know such a sweet child. Guys Dont get so caught up in work and hobbies that you miss the truely important things in life!!!!

Remember guys treat every minute with the ones you love like it could be the last time you ever see them.

My family is dealt with so much death the last 12 month. I actually lost a grandfather by marriage at 8am this morning. I thought I was able to handle the subject with ease by now. However your story touched me. The one thing I have learned is most people have no ideal what to say at a time like this. To be honest even with myself losing half a dozen people I cared about this year, I still don't know what to say.
I can't imagine the emotions you most be feeling. Hopefully you have a true friend/family member to confide in.
Know you will be in my prayers. Just some fake internet friend who would have your back on any trail anytime.

Re:

I'm sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how you feel. I'm sending prayers your way. If you need anything else let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My God man, I don't know you but you and your family are in my prayers. You are a strong man. Thank you for sharing, I got goosebumps for days going on. Fly high little angel

Bekah touched my families life since I recently met dave like no one can imagine. She was probably one of the most fun kids I have ever been around. This has shocked my family to the core as much as losing one of my own. Words can't describe how I feel for you and your ol lady. Both my girls can't even hardly talk tonight. I just don't even know what to say man. Saying I'm sorry makes me feel like a pos because I can't even imagine what your going through

3cf189651d1df826fc00f079517bbcf2.jpg

I won't name the brand car yall are working on but it doesn't get much better than this.

I will be praying that God will comfort you and your wife. So sorry for your loss.

This breaks my heart.

I've had to deal with 3 deaths this past year and they have hurt like nothing I've ever had to deal with before. I can not imagine the pain. I'm so sorry.

Brother my prayers r with u and ur family !!!!

It makes ppl like me and I'm sure others to think really hard, when we think we got it bad.