• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rhino 700 project

Re: Niche rear diff?

I didnt take any but if you look on ebay there are plenty of pics of em.... they look just like the stocker but iirc one ectra bolt boss.... prolly so it can fit multiple models....

I seriously doubt there is a single usable part in the old diff

Im mainly looking for the pinion housing. Mine broke in disassembly, the reason im asking.

The bolt boss I thought was extra isn't.... it's the one on the bottom right rear... same as the oem...

Yep the pinion housing is fine.... I'll consider it.... have life and death family stuff going on in the next few days...

gottagofast said:
The bolt boss I thought was extra isn't.... it's the one on the bottom right rear... same as the oem...

Yep the pinion housing is fine.... I'll consider it.... have life and death family stuff going on in the next few days...

Get a brace that bolts into that boss. Some models have the holes in the frame some dont. Its not big but works, and keeps the differential from twisting and breaking as easy. Trail Armor makes one and im sure their are others.

I apreciate the info.... sorry the pinion housing turned out bad... made me sick when I spotted that crack.....
I guess it's official.... not one single usable part in that diffy

Update:... been gradually fixing this thing up.... have about 10 miles on it so far.... hasn't broken yet....

Took it to the woods for a shakedown ride.... running BALD tires... still impressed me..... went up a twisty hillclimb that my jeep on new 33's struggles with and made easy.....

Ordered a set of 27" zillas on itp black ops wheels

Well crap.... I goofed.... ordered 26" zillas.... showed up today... 27's woulda been nice for a little more top speed but oh well.... maybe next time... man these things hook!.... no more riding it in the yard when the ground is soft....