• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adoption update

The Luke

If this needs to be combined with the old private adoption thread, feel free to do so Kel or whomever.

I just wanted to keep you guys posted and reach out. The wife and I have officially started our adoption process. We're waiting on our home study report to come back and we've officially been accepted by our adoption consultants.

Im not one to ask for handouts. I'd rather it be the other way around. But, this is way beyond me. We are doing a few fund raisers, a spaghetti dinner and a silent auction. I plan on reaching out to a few vendors to see if anyone would be interested in donating towards that.

I've also been kicking the idea around of doing a fund raiser ride. The shock of all this has really pushed me to want to help others in the same boat. I'm thinking of starting a nonprofit and raising money each year through rides, swag, etc. with all of the proceeds going back to families, connected to the Offroad community that are trying to adopt. I know we already do several rides for kiddos(crawling for Reid, toys for tots, and so on). But, if we're going to a park anyways, I don't see why a portion couldn't go to help out.

All that being said, we also started a youcaring page. If any of you would like to help Mrs. The and myself on this journey, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

https://www.youcaring.com/lukeandrachelwilfong-746944?fb_action_ids=10100923180875448&fb_action_types=youcaringcom%3Ashare&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1023927247711885%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22youcaringcom%3Ashare%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually donate merchandise towards fundraisers.....Where do you live? I may or may not have done a good job reading.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I usually donate merchandise towards fundraisers.....Where do you live? I may or may not have done a good job reading.

We're in Nashville. I'm not sure how big of a wheeling crowd our auction will bring in. But I think if I can get enough stuff, it will do really well. Worst case I do an "auction" on Facebook or here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI,

Just a reminder about our Predators ticket drawing to help raise money for Baby W!! We still have raffle tickets for 4 tickets to the March 30th game. Raffle tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. You can pay on our YouCaring site or pay us in person. The raffle will happen Wednesday 2/22 at 6pm.

These are 4 pretty awesome seats. Front row section 304. Right next to the beer guy.

If you send thru youcaring, just put in the memo of how many tickets you want. I'm only selling 100 tickets total and as of right now I have 44 left. Thanks guys!

https://www.youcaring.com/lukeandrachelwilfong-746944

Anybody that may be interested/available to come, my wife and I are having a spaghetti dinner and silent auction in College Grove,TN on April 22. We have all kinds of great stuff that will be in the auction. I am still scrambling around working with venders for some last minute stuff. To give you a preview we will have a smittybilt hi lift, Kicks Brooks autographed wine from Arrington vineyards, custom built furniture, end zone titans tickets, etc...

Details are on our Facebook page. Feel free to join, share or do whatever. Hope y'all can make it. Any questions, just ask.

https://www.facebook.com/events/111126832758229??ti=ia

For those of you who are still following this, I thought I'd give an update. We've been "live" for about two months now. So we've been getting situations of babies that are available for adoption sent to us. As of right now, we've presented to about 9 of them, 6 have chosen another family and 3 we've not heard anything. 1 of these we got incredibly close. But it was through an agency with a terrible reputation and something just didn't feel right. So, through a lot of heartache, we turned it down. And it ended up being a scam, which could have left us with no baby and all of our money gone. So thank God that we followed our instinct.

We've been getting a little discouraged to be honest. When we started all of this we were told a budget that was an average price and that we should aim for. Out of the 44 situations we've received, 11 have been in our budget. Most of which In that price range have been pretty rough situations. Whereas the healthier, safer situations seem to be significantly outside our range.

I think we've exhausted our resources. For the most part, our friends and family have financially helped as much as they can. And it has been incredible. But we are still short. So I've been building lamps, tables and everything I can in order to scrounge up as much as I can to help make this possible.

I'm still considering organizing a ride if enough interest is shown. I'd like to turn it in to an annual deal and help out another family in the offroad community every time. I think it could turn out great if i could combine it with a 4cyl race or something of the sort.

Sorry for the long/what I feel to be a negative post. Just been one of those days. We will get through it though. God has our baby out there somewhere. It's all in his timing.
86f24f9f5ac1052bbca6140dcf410577.jpg
1f349d5def6140f36587285900f28976.jpg

Re:

Chin up brother. You are blessed and the struggle will make the reward worth it in the end. It took me 9 years to get my 1st child and I would have waited 90 for her. She is a blessing, no matter how many buttons she pushes.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Hang in there...I know a couple who has been going through the same thing as you guys. Really to the point of giving up. They went to Disney last month for vacation. They both got a terrible stomach virus the first day AND got a call from the agency they had a baby in Naples born on the that day available for adoption . He has been in the nicu for the past 4 weeks because he was premature but they are bringing him home this week. This family has been steadfast and faithful in prayer. Although they left Disney they said their vacation couldn't have been more magical.

That's awesome. We appreciate it a lot guys. There's no way in hell are we going to give up. We've come too far and we've got too many people supporting us. Just some days are harder than others.

In the meantime I'll just keeping busting out some OT, peddling my crap I build and helping the ole lady decorate the nursery 15 different ways. Haha

The Luke said:
For those of you who are still following this, I thought I'd give an update. We've been "live" for about two months now. So we've been getting situations of babies that are available for adoption sent to us. As of right now, we've presented to about 9 of them, 6 have chosen another family and 3 we've not heard anything. 1 of these we got incredibly close. But it was through an agency with a terrible reputation and something just didn't feel right. So, through a lot of heartache, we turned it down. And it ended up being a scam, which could have left us with no baby and all of our money gone. So thank God that we followed our instinct.

We've been getting a little discouraged to be honest. When we started all of this we were told a budget that was an average price and that we should aim for. Out of the 44 situations we've received, 11 have been in our budget. Most of which In that price range have been pretty rough situations. Whereas the healthier, safer situations seem to be significantly outside our range.

I think we've exhausted our resources. For the most part, our friends and family have financially helped as much as they can. And it has been incredible. But we are still short. So I've been building lamps, tables and everything I can in order to scrounge up as much as I can to help make this possible.

I'm still considering organizing a ride if enough interest is shown. I'd like to turn it in to an annual deal and help out another family in the offroad community every time. I think it could turn out great if i could combine it with a 4cyl race or something of the sort.

Sorry for the long/what I feel to be a negative post. Just been one of those days. We will get through it though. God has our baby out there somewhere. It's all in HIS timing.
86f24f9f5ac1052bbca6140dcf410577.jpg
1f349d5def6140f36587285900f28976.jpg

^^^^^^This Luke is the answer. :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

Well, it happened!!! We have officially been matched with a baby boy in Utah. He's due July 16th. His brother came early, so it's very probable the he will too. Money is sent! We're sitting here with our bags packed, staring at our phones. It's only a matter of time!

Daggum it Mike, no. Lol

Do we(hardline) know anyone near Salt Lake City? Looks like we might be out there for a few weeks in July.

The Luke said:
Daggum it Mike, no. Lol

Do we(hardline) know anyone near Salt Lake City? Looks like we might be out there for a few weeks in July.

Jesse (rjhoward) moved out there in April.

Congrats btw.

Re:

Awesome dude!! Congrats. Keep up the prayers and good thoughts and he will be here before you know it.

Let me know if there's anything you need over this way.