• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock

Waffle

Don't get me wrong, I love Windrock. It's #2 on my favorites list. I'm just trying to expand the experience of life thats all. I'll admit I or (he and I) must have made a mistake looking it up before. Google directions shows me 4hr 38min (272mi) to Golden and 4hr 7min (257mi) to Windrock. That's nearly the exact same time for us to get to Harlan. I don't know. He's stubborn as hell about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am lucky and near GMP, but I have rode all the parks. GMP true Ky is a great park. It is a lot different that Windrock and you can't compare apples to oranges. If you want tough trails that are gonna give you a real challenge but are close to camp. GMP is it. Windrock is big, beautiful, and offers great trail riding and rockcrawling. If you go to GMP, shoot me a message and I will ride with ya.

Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

Your buddy's razr won't do 1/2 of the trails at GMP anyway.

If he wants to gravel road blaze in a rzr send him somewhere he can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeehhh....I'd drive 2hrs to GMP....but not 2.5 8) :p

It's fun...but I mainly go because someone else wants to go.

45min from windrock and it has everything I want / like which is why I ride there so much.

tonybolton said:
Eeehhh....I'd drive 2hrs to GMP....but not 2.5 8) :p

It's fun...but I mainly go because someone else wants to go.

45min from windrock and it has everything I want / like which is why I ride there so much.

Tony you're like most people that own boats. One lake, one marina, one cove, home before dark.

That's fine for most, but these guys are already driving from OH.

My boss was the same way. Only rode Golden Mountain, built a crawling rig just for it (rocks 49s 4ws). After 5-6 years was burned out. I only got him to go anywhere else once (Aetna) and he sorta enjoyed it but the 2 hr drive and being out in the middle of nowhere miles from the tow rig was too much for him.

Well...I can tell ya I'll never own a boat 8)

If I could just find someone to drive me around windrock....I'd be in heaven :-* :)

I like gmp....jus not like most. I don't get excited over climbing hard ****. I jus like crawling around / enjoying the fresh air.

You know....like an 80 year old sittin on the porch. Jus more mobile :p 8) :p

Re: Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

halcat said:
Cut through the country from cicinnati and it ain't no farther to GMP than to winrock.
That's kinda what I was thinkin....but mostly a GPS'r

halcat said:
Cut through the country from cicinnati and it ain't no farther to GMP than to winrock.

That's what I was thinking also. I used to go to the KY side of Cincinnati once a month and it's not s bad drive. Google maps shows 261 miles from GMP to Cincinnati, 247 miles to Windrock.

I think I'd check it out for 14 miles...

Re: Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

Waffle said:
Yesterday he told me "you can go to Golden and I'll just take the rzr to Windrock" I was like "dafuq?".
Lol....I'm not THAT bad I don't think :p 8)

I mean if I have 2 groups and ones goin to GMP and one to windrock....I'd goto windrock

Waffle said:
Yesterday he told me "you can go to Golden and I'll just take the rzr to Windrock" I was like "dafuq?".

a12794d072363c93b20da3c53d5f616e.jpg

If I was closer, I'd ride/explore windrock more in my trail rig. Probably buy a rzr molaugh

Sold my crawler so the 1/2 day trips to golden mtn won't be happening either

Waffle said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Windrock. It's #2 on my favorites list. I'm just trying to expand the experience of life thats all. I'll admit I or (he and I) must have made a mistake looking it up before. Google directions shows me 4hr 38min (272mi) to Golden and 4hr 7min (257mi) to Windrock. That's nearly the exact same time for us to get to Harlan. I don't know. He's stubborn as hell about this.

Dude I know what you mean. Tony Bolton is a pain in my ass like that. ****er won't go anywhere else. I don't see windrock as a rzr park at all. Lots of **** a rzr won't even think about there.