• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock

GMP is on my bucket list of parks to go to. How big of a park is it in relations to riding amounts? Full day, weeks worth, an hour? What other park would you compare it to? :dunno:

CHASMAN9 said:
GMP is on my bucket list of parks to go to. How big of a park is it in relations to riding amounts? Full day, weeks worth, an hour? What other park would you compare it to? :dunno:

I'd say it's like AOP. Similar terrain. "mountains" arent as tall as AOP. No water/creek beds like Hale Mtn.

A good weekend's worth of riding. Several of the trails really need to be ran both directions to get the "full effect"

My 2 cents, I love Golden mtn. Rocks are big and tough. I usually break. But that is what I do. :rolf:

TBItoy said:
I'd say it's like AOP. Similar terrain. "mountains" arent as tall as AOP. No water/creek beds like Hale Mtn.

A good weekend's worth of riding. Several of the trails really need to be ran both directions to get the "full effect"

It's a little over 5 hours from me, but I do have a plan to get there and watch Billstoy break his stuff. :flipoff1: molaugh

CHASMAN9 said:
It's a little over 5 hours from me, but I do have a plan to get there and watch Billstoy break his stuff. :flipoff1: molaugh

You know me and my Toy. I aint Sceered. I'll make it or break it. But :: hitit ... :flipoff1: Back..

billstoy said:
You know me and my Toy. I aint Sceered. I'll make it or break it. But :: hitit ... :flipoff1: Back..

That's right Bill, no soldier ever came back unscathed with you at the helm. molaugh

Re: Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
What trail was this? Looks like the type of trails we're looking for.
I'm pretty sure that's the climb out of the top of bounty Hill if you look to the right there's a really straight up Flat Rock..... that's the actual Trail.

That guy in the video make that climb out look pretty easy I struggled a little bit on it but came out eventually.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
What trail was this? Looks like the type of trails we're looking for.

tony is right. the bounty rock was directly to right of that vid. I came from the other side (from left) but a friend of mine went up the rock face. it's really not that bad when dry..

thanks for the compliment tony

Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

The Luke said:
I wish I could find pics of that dude that had the b&s Lawn mower engine in his s10 at WITC. Horizontal shaft- pow!
I knew I didn't make this **** up! It popped up for sale on Facebook this morning!! $200 and it could be yours!!!
5bros, this is right down your alley! It's even a Ferd.
e823fba387b7d58f6110646f59976356.jpg
69c18214abc6d9485a73e3d0221a21d2.jpg
d40320b7de865c1da140d86ad8c1c93b.jpg
37be4a291f355019c6eb41d2374db6af.jpg
8ac3162566b1443d822009afbeddeef8.jpg

Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

tonybolton said:
Eeehhh....I'd drive 2hrs to GMP....but not 2.5 8) :p

It's fun...but I mainly go because someone else wants to go.

45min from windrock and it has everything I want / like which is why I ride there so much.

I didn't know your tow rig knew the way to anyplace besides windrock....