• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock

Waffle said:
He would rather take the rig to Windrock, but ya gotta admit, if you did have a rzr Windrock would be a killer place to go with the endless miles of trails out there. One of his friends keeps asking me when I'm getting a rzr. Uh, I have a 450 horse bouncer on 43's.

Camping sucks for me at Windrock. I haul mine with an enclosed so my stuff and I get forced by rules to being isolated in an RV spot. They camp way in the back in primitive. Camp cops and administration is not at all fond of me firing up the "blue waffle" at 1am to head back to my spot. LoL

Take his rzr back to your spot ha.

I like gmp. If it rains don't go go though you'll get pissed quick. Tony only rides when it's sunny and 72.3 with a gentle breeze. And nicks right a rzr wouldn't make 1/4 of the trails at gmp

Re:

If y'all are all in buggies equal to yours, you might be able to do 1/2 of the trails in the rain (legit rain, not just a shower).

It's not like Harlan where the rain doesn't really bother you too much. The black dirt at GMP turns to literal grease.

The good part is, if you don't like GMP, or ride all you want in a day, it's only about an hour to Windrock or AOP.

Re:

Ride what you like. I like hard as **** with a side of impossible/impassible.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Re:

Go to Hatfield McCoy in West Virginia. You can run the trails at BearWallow and there's a **** ton of Rzr trails in that trail system. It's a little closet to Cincinnati than GMP or Windrock.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

TBItoy said:
If y'all are all in buggies equal to yours, you might be able to do 1/2 of the trails in the rain (legit rain, not just a shower).

It's not like Harlan where the rain doesn't really bother you too much. The black dirt at GMP turns to literal grease.

The good part is, if you don't like GMP, or ride all you want in a day, it's only about an hour to Windrock or AOP.

this. AOP & GMP are close enough to run both for several days. we did both in 4 days and had a blast. thankfully it was dry every day

I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

tonybolton said:
If I had a 35" tire something.....i'd stay away from gmp. Rough **** there. Minus the access road.
I'm on 33's, 4" short arms and lockers. The old jeep does pretty well there. There's tons of places that the jeep would get absolutely denied. But so far, I've made it up every trail I've tried except the moon. That was at the last hardline ride and it was slicker than hell tho.

Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

The Luke said:
I'm on 33's, 4" short arms and lockers. The old jeep does pretty well there. There's tons of places that the jeep would get absolutely denied. But so far, I've made it up every trail I've tried except the moon. That was at the last hardline ride and it was slicker than hell tho.

There are plenty of trails to play on in a small tire rig, especially if you don't mind the chance of body damage. You just take the small tire line (bypass)

Just think of it this way Tony, when you're on 33s every trail at GMP is Rattle Rock! (And tony hates rattle rock)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: I need help convincing a friend to drive to Golden Mountain

TBItoy said:
Just think of it this way Tony, when you're on 33s every trail at GMP is Rattle Rock! (And tony hates rattle rock)

Right! That's exactly what I was thinkin!

Beatin an bangin and draggin every piece under my rig evey inch of the trail on everything isn't "my" idea of fun.

To each thier own...

Re:

Waffle said:
My friend seems to think GMP is nothing but a steep rock slab that any 35" tire rig can get up based off of yutube video.

Let him run Crackhead, not just the last section near trail 5 but the entire trail that starts from the top of trail 4. Then get back with us. >:D

The Luke said:

The moon is where I broke my **** all to hell. The next time I went it was dry and I walked it exactly where I broke. At the hardline ride it was slick as ****.

Hopefully Shawn doesn't mind me posting a picture of his rig. The florida crew let me tag along for Dixie Run...GMP instantly became one of my favorite parks...and it took us like 14 hours to get there :spin:

This is somewhere around 3/4/crackhead...I cant remember.

DSCF1328_zpsz6vbu05f.jpg

d7faed69e25c9933dd077360178d009c.jpg
a32603344842f5810780f404e6dbc181.jpg

This is some of my rig on the moon side of the park. Definitely not just a big slab rock but the jungle is a cool area.

tonybolton said:
With all this being said....pretty sure we're going to GMP Saturday :p 8)

Am heading to GMP thurday after work! Coming home Sunday come on super jeep/****

tnford88 said:
d7faed69e25c9933dd077360178d009c.jpg
a32603344842f5810780f404e6dbc181.jpg

This is some of my rig on the moon side of the park. Definitely not just a big slab rock but the jungle is a cool area.

You riding this weekend???