• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2016 TOTER TOYHAULER BOX TRUCK W/SLEEPER

Man I'm about a year out from upgrading but this thing is perfect!

no ac in sleeper

I think at one point it had an APU but it's no longer there

the sleeper has a bundle of wires running to the batteries that I cut off. The inverter runs anything in the sleeper

new one is 2001 and nicer - currently working on installing bunk beds, windows and sink/shower toilet

lots more interest this time of reposting for some reason

took the new one out for first trip and I'm loving it! Box truck life is the way to go

ready to let this one go and I'll be honest about it for a wheeler - it's an old truck and has wear but drivetrain is solid
The AC is out and has been since I've had it. I can get a good deal on roof top unit if needed
the fan clutch is sticking and fan is on all the time so it's loud. It could be the fan clutch or the solenoid - not sure don't care - not expensive either way
the driver air ride seat or under the cab has an minor air leak that you can hear and will leak down when off and parked, not a big deal
it could use driver door seal from being stepped on it's ripped and road noise gets in - this is expensive! I think a new door seal is 4-500
no radio or speakers but cutouts for them
manual windows! my kids never seen such a thing!!
passenger door lock has key broke off in it and lock is finicky
that's about all I can think of
I temporarily stole the 5000W inverter for the new on

truck runs 2200 rpm at 70mph
not sure on fuel mileage but I've had 3 same trucks and engines and averaged around 9.5 mpg
one time I got 8 with 2 rigs in box and one on the trailer and strong winds
I plan for 8mpg and am happy with more

for me this truck doesn't fit my family of 5 but would be great for a couple or guys trip

My plans if i was going to keep this would be to strip the sleeper and box off
put a uhaul box or truck type camper on it - full facilities and beds and then a flat bed
that way if I go alone I just bring truck and rig. If I go with more people I pull a trailer

other option for build out would be to strip sleeper and box and put a 'crew cab' for just extra seating and then flat bed for two rigs and pull a camper but I didn't like that option as much and it would be harder to keep RV tags and title.

As of now the state of missouri has inspected it and put a new vin tag on it as an RV. I had to submit pictures of the RV equipment to the dept of revenue, they have those on file
changing states should be easy to keep as RV as my new one came that way and they just titled in MO as RV no pics or inspection

bump for new bottom dollar price

I had it sold but the guy backed out due to wife's employment situation

I'd love to have it but I'm home shopping and a tip. The fan is running all the time due to the a/c not working. Accumulator is prob plugged and sensor is reading too much pressure and makes the fan run all the time, cost ya some power power and fuel mileage too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AC has no pressure - guy that came and looked supposedly checked it, I have not