• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Just another XJ

Well, looks like my next step is to list some axles for sale and see what kinda magic I can make happen. What's the going rate?

Re:

I would be more confident in stock one tons vs fully built 1/2 tons.

I wheel alot with a 3 Link front / leaf rear XJ on tons/39reds. Rig goes every where. Drives back on trailer at end of day.

The Luke said:
Well, looks like my next step is to list some axles for sale and see what kinda magic I can make happen. What's the going rate?

That is actually how I paid for my 60, bought a 77 f-150 dana 44 for cheap and resold it. If you're on Facebook I would go find some jeep or Cherokee specific groups and post them there, starting around $700.

The Luke said:

loller.gif

TBItoy said:
Clean them 3/4 tons up and hose em down with semi gloss black and sell them for $800 on craiglist

tonybolton said:
I would be more confident in stock one tons vs fully built 1/2 tons.

I wheel alot with a 3 Link front / leaf rear XJ on tons/39reds. Rig goes every where. Drives back on trailer at end of day.

thumb.gif

Re: Re: Just another XJ

tonybolton said:
Tyler at Rock Solid Fab makes a nice kit. I think he's in Chattanooga.
Tyler is a good guy. He builds tons of XJs so he can recommend good options. FYI... he will tell you he knows everything. Literally everything. Be prepared for that.

Re: Re: Just another XJ

Mongo44 said:
Tyler is a good guy. He builds tons of XJs so he can recommend good options. FYI... he will tell you he knows everything. Literally everything. Be prepared for that.

But he does :rolf: :rolf:

You've seen my dana 44, I've broke it once because of the design of the rcv snap ring. The green xj that was with me at CFR runs the exact same thing I do on 37" and beats the **** out of it and he's only broke 1 and I still say it's because the Detroit let go. All that being said: if I could do mine over again, i'd do tons and not got in a hurry.

Re:

If i was going 05+ sd60 front i would consider using the stock radius arm mounts for the 3 link. That is, if you can still fit a coil spring around them for the xj

Been a while since I updated this. I beat on the jeep a bit more. Finally broke an axle shaft and decided to stick to my guns and not sink a penny into the stock axles. So I sold the 44/60 combo and decided to find an 05+ sd 60. Found one with 4.10's on the cheap. Now I'm hunting a 4.10 14 bolt. I'll regear eventually. For now I'll just run it and deal with the lack of power

I'm going to reuse the stock sd brackets as Paradisepwoffrd suggested. For now though I'm going with the ruffstuff radius arm kit. It was on sale 25% off for Black Friday and I jumped on it. I tried piecing it together for less and couldn't get close.

Can't wait for New Years ish when I'll be taking it up to Eric (Bronco72). I'm going to let him set it up for me. I trust his welds a lot more than my own.

59d12c38e728aa4b67bab7b0e92171a5.jpg
6faa4b23d92aa0a8e64bbe9f0f093d41.jpg
aff80243431be20076a6eaa39d675c65.jpg

Coming right along Luke, I'm still hunting for some tires for ya, I'm not sure what the budget is for wheels and tires but someone on here threw up a set of TMI bead locks I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than likely tires and wheels will be on hold til after I sell mine. Which I hope to happen after I list mine. Which theoretically will be as soon as I drop it off at Eric's with nothing underneath it. Whatever mine sell for will be what my wheel and tire budget is. I'm hoping for the $600 range. Shouldn't be too hard since my tires are dang near brand new.

I've seen that eb do a lot of donuts. It'll hold up to following Tony on the access trails.

Thanks for the crane Selvy! That works way better than winching up a tree!

Started the swap today. It's up to Eric now. I'll probably be competing against TC, burkey and all those other guys next year.... hahaha

fe9699bc89ad58857395dbd10907344e.jpg
e6b5568fa2cd17efa12731ce5fa6c972.jpg

It's coming right along. Eric is knocking this thing out. He does some dang good work. Rear end is in. Front end is mocked up. Lincoln lockers installed. Sye is done. Master cylinder is swapped out for a dodge 3500. Still gotta knock out unibody stiffeners, hydro assist, driveshafts and a few other odds and ends.
16c2672330ecd11c7ece8c22cd3d45ee.jpg
97cccafd508c2fcf74c8fa1e399b60aa.jpg
abf132b4d87605636b421c6fd1a6bde1.jpg
f496147573001afc3c5956c0403082b9.jpg