• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Buggy 2.0

When that rear tire started to turn I was like...oh **** its falling apart! Then I remembered its suppose to do that. So...steering stops or relocate shock mounts a little?

What's your beam width? The width between your outer "rocker panels"?

Why the extra small extension rearward that forms that triangle just behind the seat backs that is sitting on jack stands?

clemsonjeep said:
When that rear tire started to turn I was like...oh **** its falling apart! Then I remembered its suppose to do that. So...steering stops or relocate shock mounts a little?
Wanna know how i noticed my buddy mismeasured the tierods? The drivers side tire is pulled in and rubs the link. I'll have to shorten it so the rear is straight, then it won't touch the link.

sleepsontoilet said:
Wanna know how i noticed my buddy mismeasured the tierods? The drivers side tire is pulled in and rubs the link. I'll have to shorten it so the rear is straight, then it won't touch the link.

Ahh I thought it hit the shock too...since the body rotated.

LightBnDr said:
What's your beam width? The width between your outer "rocker panels"?

Why the extra small extension rearward that forms that triangle just behind the seat backs that is sitting on jack stands?
It's 51" at the hip and 56" at the rockers. Only the axles are on jack stands to bleed the steering, the chassis is on bumps. Eventually i was planning to tie the rockers back into the frame rails fore and aft. The triangle piece is a brace for the link mounts. The haus closes in 9 days and everything has to be moved for the divorce, so I've had to use time wisely.

clemsonjeep said:
Ahh I thought it hit the shock too...since the body rotated.
you're right now that i watched it again. I'm going to redo the tierod and see if that fixes it as it's turning in more than it should bc the wheel is pointed passenger when it should be straight.

I'm meant early in your photos. The jack stands are on those portions supporting your upper link mounts. Mainly was asking about the rear sections

What's the width on your axles?

LightBnDr said:
I'm meant early in your photos. The jack stands are on those portions supporting your upper link mounts. Mainly was asking about the rear sections

What's the width on your axles?

Too wide, i measured wrong and they came out to 72" WMS. Luckily my wheels have 7" BS to pull it back in.

I don't think you would regret being in the 80" width area with wheels and tires mounted. Especially in really tight off camber turns when you're really cranking that rear steer.

Mainly considering how wide your rockers are.

I can't wait to see this ride working. It's a sweet build. I have enjoyed watching it. Great job. Keep it up

dwa2469 said:
Did I miss where you switched from Treps to Reds?
Reds flat work around here, and a used set can go for under a grand if you're looking. I grabbed a set of half tread a couple years ago for under $600. If I destroyed a Trep, I'm looking at over $800 with shipping to replace a single tire. It was just too big a risk for me, and the portals have plenty of clearance to make the loss up.

LightBnDr said:
I don't think you would regret being in the 80" width area with wheels and tires mounted. Especially in really tight off camber turns when you're really cranking that rear steer.

Mainly considering how wide your rockers are.

I can't wait to see this ride working. It's a sweet build. I have enjoyed watching it. Great job. Keep it up
Was more worried about not killing so many cones when i try again. Rockers aren't any wider than a Zuk tub, still narrower than the last one was. Unless everything falls apart it'll be in the rocks in 2 weeks.

sleepsontoilet said:
Reds flat work around here, and a used set can go for under a grand if you're looking. I grabbed a set of half tread a couple years ago for under $600. If I destroyed a Trep, I'm looking at over $800 with shipping to replace a single tire. It was just too big a risk for me, and the portals have plenty of clearance to make the loss up.

:dblthumb: I agree with everything you said, I run reds. I just noticed the switch.

Had some friends come over this weekend and knock off the list a little so I could finish moving before the haus closes next Friday. Have to mount the gas pedal and skid plate left, and it'll be ready for the trip in 12 days.

fbqm71Dh.jpg

Added oil to the shocks and lowered the ride height, way more stable now. The engine tune is way off and started sputtering in 4th gear. Got it scheduled for a dyno tune Nov 20th to fix that. Felt really stable at 71 mph on the feeder road though. Now it's 20.5" belly and 72" to the top of the cage.

Oyfpscph.jpg

hHE1Trgh.jpg

GbZY3ECh.png

rugger99 said:
Looks good man. Looking back, is there anything you would change if you had to do it again?

A lot

The motor is back a little far. It makes weight bias good, but panels suck. The axles were wider than I planned due to a bad measurement. I would have liked more uptravel but couldn't have had a back seat. I'll have to wheel it to find out more.