• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Buggy 2.0

Re: Re: Zuk Buggy 2.0

LightBnDr said:
No joke that's pretty much what I run. No air bumps though

I don't wanna run N2. I just wanna run compressed air with a dryer maybe to keep moisture down. Wanna keep monies low
Yeah. Could run a scuba tank converted to CO2 also, fairly cheap.

Are you using an alignment bar or anything to set the "C"s up on the housing so that the camber etc is correct. Mine have just enough slop in them that I am having to make some pucks for my alignment bar before I weld them in
19397004_1846095252083758_7297987438807102900_n.jpg

I had some help with them, but short answer is no. I used an angle finder in a million directions and kept spot welding it until it didn't move. I checked it after each pass, and it stayed where I put it. Maybe it'll be a complete failure, maybe it'll be the most amazing rig around. I'm hoping it's the latter molaugh

Got lucky and had a heads up on psc scratch and dent sale. Also got in the radiator, unfortunately I found out the uppers hit the flipped 3rd when I was measuring for Branik shafts.

8gnEoJah.jpg

Picked up some used Howe reservoirs from Hardline

kMpmgGoh.jpg

Brakes came in from Kartek

16WMD8Ih.jpg

Fuel cell and starting plumbing

rpMCWzNh.jpg

Grabbed some aluminum

uV0ATITh.jpg

Re: Re:

sleepsontoilet said:
How much for you to come to Tejas for the weekend? I'll even put food and drink in you in a romantic manner. molaugh
Lmao. You can skip the romance. If we were closer I'd do it for ya cheap enough.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Re:

I am excited to see how this one is gonna go.....keep up the good work

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Agreed. This rig is pretty slick. Skins and interior were pretty meticulous for me. Yet at the end I felt like I could have done better. Lol

Can't wait to see it done and get some performance feedback

Since I don't own a Sami or yota I don't expect to see it in person unless it's an accident.

LightBnDr said:
Agreed. This rig is pretty slick. Skins and interior were pretty meticulous for me. Yet at the end I felt like I could have done better. Lol

Can't wait to see it done and get some performance feedback

Since I don't own a Sami or yota I don't expect to see it in person unless it's an accident.

I don't venture too far from Mason, Tx but am planning a trip east. I've always wanted to come see AOP, Chocloco, cable hill, boat ramp, etc. I also want to finally check out Hot Springs.

Don't say "come see" like I live out east and your gonna visit me.

I live 5hrs from mason, we'll come see you :)

Rigs coming along well

LightBnDr said:
Don't say "come see" like I live out east and your gonna visit me.

I live 5hrs from mason, we'll come see you :)

Rigs coming along well

Hahaha. It would be a blast to have finished and be able to bring here. Spent the day hiking El Yunque Rainforest.

uWWOn8Ih.jpg

zIL8XsPh.jpg

ffniVMnh.jpg

LightBnDr said:
Dang. That's freakin gorgeous. Your boys go with you?

Awesome memories there

They're at their mothers for the summer break unfortunately, and don't come back until Aug 5th. I've never been away from them this long and it sucks, but I still want them to have a relationship with their mother too so I have to share.

LightBnDr said:
Hurts my heart to hear that. I know exactly how you feel

How's that build coming along?
A bunch of parts came in the week before the trip, just have to start on the little things. I mismeasured the outers and ended up 72" WMS. I keep debating if its worth it to cut off a C and lose 4" or just enjoy the stability. I'll end up around 86" outside of the tires, which nixes some of the smaller enclosed trailers and work and plays I'm looking at.

The extra width will enable you to have sharper steering, and give you more room around the rear seat. I'm 89" wide on 45" tires, and I had to limit my rear steer at 40* to keep the tires out of the rear seats.

fl-krawler said:
The extra width will enable you to have sharper steering, and give you more room around the rear seat. I'm 89" wide on 45" tires, and I had to limit my rear steer at 40* to keep the tires out of the rear seats.

I bought a set of used Raceline DCs on Facebook that have 6.5" backspacing, for now I'm going to leave it alone.

Nothing noticeable but I tinkered for a bit today. Got all the portal gusset bolts drilled and tapped today, fuel cell mount, Brave Motorsports pcm mount tucked away nicely, and welded in some diff fill plugs. Trying to decide between angle iron to mount a basket over the cell later, or just some flat bar across the top of the cell.

gjs8uyjh.jpg

Didn't really like leaving the buggy in the open when going on long trips out of state, so I picked up a used 4 month old 24' V-nose enclosed.

BTME29Th.jpg

Latest posts