• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Buggy 2.0

Much better aka nothing hits.

qvXW65sh.jpg

Tinkered with some posterboard.

80TJjihh.jpg

Love the caliper coverage with these things, and they don't look too bad for used. They should help narrow things up a good bit.

6Ow9tumh.jpg

8j1Bbbch.jpg

Looking good. I have always thought portals were super cool and wished they weren't so high priced. Would have loved to run a pair.

I'll fess up and admit that I seriously trashed talked 4wheel steer guys for years. Mainly because I frequented 1 park and every dang rig was a cookie cutter Jeep on 44s and 4steer rockwells.

So after seeing them get denied constantly I just felt like 4steer was the unnecessary thorn in the side.

After wheeling in different areas where the exits are worse than the climbs I REALLY could appreciate 4steer at that point.

I'm excited to see this thing done. Especially to wheel together and see where your ground clearance becomes mandatory over a shaved 1 ton axle.

Keep it up man. I like blue interior. Lol

LightBnDr said:
Looking good. I have always thought portals were super cool and wished they weren't so high priced. Would have loved to run a pair.

I'll fess up and admit that I seriously trashed talked 4wheel steer guys for years. Mainly because I frequented 1 park and every dang rig was a cookie cutter Jeep on 44s and 4steer rockwells.

So after seeing them get denied constantly I just felt like 4steer was the unnecessary thorn in the side.

After wheeling in different areas where the exits are worse than the climbs I REALLY could appreciate 4steer at that point.

I'm excited to see this thing done. Especially to wheel together and see where your ground clearance becomes mandatory over a shaved 1 ton axle.

Keep it up man. I like blue interior. Lol

I've always struggled staying on the right line, on the right side of Smokin Butthole at K2. Alex's Toyota was stupid wide and could walk it, whereas I was narrower and would fall into the notch causing a flop. You almost have to back out and move over to regroup, with this I can bump the rear into the rock face and force it to stay on the line now. Also on trails like Cracked Core or Bent120 at K2, I can make the hard front dig way easier. I'm pretty sure it'll hurt more than help until I get used to it, but I think it'll make me push the limits a lot more than I did with the last buggy. So far Cracked Core is the only one I had to winch on at K2, so the plan is straight off the trailer make it or roll trying. I made the hard left cut at the top, but fell into the notch making it want to roll. We had to hold it and put multiple winches to "make" the trail.

As far as price on portals, I mildly disagree. They aren't much more in comparison to any other BUILT axle. The reduction gives them strength comparative to some of the bigger bling axles. I paid $1125 for the built 3rd with grizzly locker, that's really not much more than the price for a grizzly locker, gears, home, and install for a regular housing. I paid $550 for the Trail Gear 9" housing, which isn't much more than most pay for junkyard 60s. I paid $2250 per axle for the portals, Cs, and RCV outers which is about the same for any aftermarket C/Knuckle/RCV. The inners from Branik are around $365 a piece, about the same as most 300m inners. The willwood calipers and Spidertrax rotors werent much mkre than anyone pays for upgraded brakes. I wanted an axle that would hold, but also has limitless upgrades. The 9" has a lot more upgrades available if needed than the 14bolt has. Also has multiple vendors for the upgrades, so you don't have to worry about a specific business going under and never being able to get replacement parts.

Hey it's chump change for anyone with deep pockets. That ain't me. Lol

But really when this thing is going please post up. I wanna go wheel

LightBnDr said:
Hey it's chump change for anyone with deep pockets. That ain't me. Lol

But really when this thing is going please post up. I wanna go wheel

Ordered the shafts from Stan today and he said 2 weeks out. I'm hoping and planning for Rocktoberfest. And only people without cameras are allowed on its maiden voyage. ;D

Extended front frame rails, mounted winch plate, lower radiator support, brake master and cutting brake, painted Cs and tore portals down for sealing.

57cDoCCh.jpg

GphXHTVh.jpg

sleepsontoilet said:
Brushed on a little Rustoleum Hammered while the power went out.

zLt1WiOh.jpg

I love the way that paint looks.

I assume you aren't going to leave this outside much at all, but FWIW that paint didn't hold up well on the bumpers/sliders on my Tacoma. Even after 3 coats it still had thin spots (the hammered texture) and started to rust after a few years. I repainted with non textured equipment paint.

TBItoy said:
I love the way that paint looks.

I assume you aren't going to leave this outside much at all, but FWIW that paint didn't hold up well on the bumpers/sliders on my Tacoma. Even after 3 coats it still had thin spots (the hammered texture) and started to rust after a few years. I repainted with non textured equipment paint.
I usually wash, tear down and repaint after every trip since I'm OCD. But no, it wont be in the weather other than on the trail. I've used it on my last 3-4 rigs and like the ease of touchup.

sleepsontoilet said:
I usually wash, tear down and repaint after every trip since I'm OCD. But no, it wont be in the weather other than on the trail. I've used it on my last 3-4 rigs and like the ease of touchup.

I'm not sure if you're joking, but I know people that do that.

It's a miracle that anything I have even gets paint at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I'm not sure if you're joking, but I know people that do that.

It's a miracle that anything I have even gets paint at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish i was, but it's a blessing and a curse.

Coming together well. Agreed on at least having pro help on interior panels. It's real tedious work and having multiple press breaks was much less strenuous during the process.

Keep it up. I hope everything is going smoother and you're staying dry

Looks like i found a way to run the exhaust around the driveshaft and keep decent angles. Goona snake it around, down and under the bellhousing vs in front of it.

YdaIXY8h.jpg