• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS Round 3 at Busted Knuckle ORP April 28-30th

BustedKnucklefilms

Come watch some racing and do some Trail Riding with us at the Grand Opening of Busted Knuckle off Road Park in Stevenson, Alabama April 28-30th 2017!

17426129_300286403723115_8462979321620988020_n.jpg

A little information on the park.

BKORP

Busted Knuckle Off Road Park (BKORP) is a brand new park, located right off Highway 117 just outside downtown Stevenson, Alabama. 600+ acres of hardwood mountainsides and an open valley create a picturesque landscape that is prime for the off road enthusiast. The terrain features wide open flat land for camping and parking, rocky knolls for crawling, all the way to the most extreme hill climbs anywhere. ATVs, UTVs, dirt bikes, 4x4s, rock bouncers, and rail buggies are all welcome. In other words, there is something here for everyone!
**RULES POSTED BELOW**

Layout

The entrance to BKORP is right off Highway 117. No tight or rough back roads to traverse here. A gravel road bed snakes through the open valley, which is central to the property lines. No worries about big trucks or long trailers, a 53' semi truck would have no problems getting in or out of the park. Just off the main road are large, open fields that will be available for camping and parking. A large shed stands towards the back of the property that will serve as a "common area" with picnic tables for hanging out, and food and merchandise vendors setup about the perimeter on event weekends. The property sits in a, sort of, "bowl," open on one end like a horseshoe. The trail system covers, essentially, 3 different mountainsides, with the property lines running near the peaks of each mountain. This creates a network of trails conducive to larger crowds. With the campground and parking areas in the bottom of the valley and the trails running about the 3 mountainsides, there are multiple entrances and exits into the trail system. No single "main road" to get backed up on ride days. Also, if you lose your way, all you need to do is go downhill to end up back at the campground. The trail system consists of easy roads that travel to the furthest corners of the property. So anyone with a basic off road vehicle will be able to ride to any area of the park. Networking into these roads will be trails from mild to wild. The park features a large amount of elevation as well as tons of exposed rock. This is a rock crawlers paradise!
What's Going On Now?

Currently, we are hard at work putting a trail system in place. We've rented a bulldozer to push some perimeter trails and roads, and also to groom some existing road beds. We will then make trails connecting to these roads. Our first open date is April 28-30, 2017 (check our schedule for more information). There will be a race going on Friday and Saturday, but the park will be open for riding all 3 days. We're getting as much as we can in place, but please keep in mind, the park will not be a finished product. We plan to have a food vendor on site for the weekend, as well as port-o-johns setup. Primitive camping will be available. There will be trash bins and a dumpster setup around the park...PLEASE use them!
Our current plan is to be open on select weekends only. We plan to host races from various racing series, and also have park sponsored rides as well. The park WILL BE OPEN for riding, even on race weekends. The racing season is long and very busy. BKORP will NOT schedule open ride weekends on top of other events if at all possible. We have not yet scheduled any further events, but keep an eye out for a schedule to be released. The park can also be rented out to off road clubs or groups for private rides, please message us for more information. If you would like to volunteer to help out with any events, please message us for more information.
Night riding will be allowed, but please, consider others. Parking will be split into 3 groups; day parking, "quiet" camping, and regular camping. I believe this is self explanatory. The 2 camping groups will be separated. We are in the process of getting CartoTracks mapping setup. This is an app you can download that will show the entire trail system at BKORP (FYI, once the information is downloaded, the app works off GPS, not cell service). In addition, we will be NAMING (not numbering) all trails in the park. We're working on signs to post on each trail and hope to have those in place before the first ride.
Future Plans

Again, this is a BRAND NEW off road park, and we are starting from scratch. We have a lot of plans for the future, but unfortunately, we can't accomplish them all immediately. We ask that you bear with us while we work to make BKORP the epitome of off road parks! Some of the possible future plans include:
Widen the main entrance road to 2 lane (currently 1 lane)
Construct a bath house with toilets, showers, and sinks
Setup some sort of repair station with tools to make basic repairs on site
UTV short course track
Pit bike track
RC car track
Possible RV hookups (power/water)
This is not a conclusive list, just an idea of our vision for the park. Comments and suggestions are always welcome, we want to make this place fun for everyone!

UTV Race is Friday Afternoon and the Bouncer Race is Saturday Morning. The rest of the time I plan on Trail Riding! :driving:

kevinhumphrey said:
Are there any hotels close to the park if so can you get some contact info??

Here you go! :dblthumb:
Below are some businesses local to the park that you may be interested in. The food, gas, and parts places listed are in town, a 5 minute drive from the park. Please support local businesses if possible! The nearest hotels are in Scottsboro, AL, and Kimball, TN. We have worked a deal with a few hotels in both locations that are willing to provide BKORP guests with a special rate. Follow the instructions below for booking!
Food (in Stevenson, AL)

Geno's Pizza & Wings
Rodeo Santa Fe Mexican
McDonald's
Burger King
Jack's
Subway
Gas (in Stevenson, AL)

MAPCO Mart
Texaco
BP
Parts (in Stevenson, AL)

Parts City Auto Parts
Lodging (in Scottsboro, AL, 19.5mi away)

Comfort Inn & Suites
Scottsboro, AL (256) 259-8700
Call and mention you are going to BKORP for a special rate!
Hampton Inn & Suites
Scottsboro, AL (256) 259-5200
Use BKORP guest booking link for discount! ? https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hp/reservation/book.htm?ctyhocn=HSVSBHX&corporateCode=0003130884&from=lnrlink
Quality Inn
Scottsboro, AL (256) 574-6666
Lodging (in Kimball, TN, 16.7mi away)

Hampton Inn
Kimball, TN (423) 228-4270
Use BKORP guest booking link for discount! ? http://hilton.com/en/gi/reservations/index.jhtml?hotel=CHAKMHX&corporateCode=N0003130884
Best Western
Kimball, TN (423) 837-2478

How close to parking area are the hills going to be for the event on Saturday. Just wondering if its walking distance or plan on bringing wheeler. THANKS.......

TNGreg said:
How close to parking area are the hills going to be for the event on Saturday. Just wondering if its walking distance or plan on bringing wheeler. THANKS.......

The hills are not real close to the parking lot, but any 4wd pickup truck or four wheeler will easily be able to get to them as they are just off of a main trail.

A lot of people have been asking so Here is the drivers list straight from the SRRS Website for the event.

Bouncer Class

Aaron Seldon
Adam Ringer
Bobby Tanner
Brandon Davis
Bubba Bacon
Clayton Hollingsworth
Clint Evans
Craig Hughes
Darrel Jones
Donald Powell
Forrest Kirkes
Jake Burkey
Jason Spegal
Jimmy Smith
Joe Dirt Team
Joe Pierce
John Campbell
Justin Williams
Kyle Crouch
Marc Nero
Mark Mathis
Mark Settles
Matt Schuessler
Mike Twyman
Randall Key
Richie Keith
Roland Kirkes
Ryan Boyd
Ryan Bramhall
Sam Carter
Scott GoForth
Steven Robinson
Tim Cameron
Tim Sorensen
Timothy Bacon
Todd Durham
Todd Puckett
Travis Lovett
Venom Racing
Wes Kean
William Stewart

UTV Class

Alex Bittick
Brandon Davis
Coltin Hoback
Jason Sparks
Kevin Crews
Kyle Lowery
Luke Kirkes
Matt Myrick
Mitchell Allen
Paul Wolff
Sam Carter
Stacy Wilhoit
Steven Robinson
Tim Cameron
Travis Skelton
Venom Racing
William Stewart

This park is gonna be something special y'all.
We have been really impressed with what we've seen so far with the existing trail network and the awesome potential it has.
Beautiful property with a lot of rock.
We have all of the data collected now and will be working hard to turn a first map around very soon.
Look for it late this week, this weekend.
Just in time for opening weekend!

We worked all weekend rain or shine to cut a few more trails for everyone to enjoy. Can't wait for folks to start rolling into Wheeling Paradise! :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
We worked all weekend rain or shine to cut a few more trails for everyone to enjoy. Can't wait for folks to start rolling into Wheeling Paradise! :dblthumb:

did yall move the race to AOP??? :stir: :stir:

hoping to make it to the race to see the park. Don't care a whole lot ot watch the race but hope to get to check the park out.

jeeptj99 said:
did yall move the race to AOP??? :stir: :stir:

hoping to make it to the race to see the park. Don't care a whole lot ot watch the race but hope to get to check the park out.

I've got nothing against Tom or any other park. I support all of the parks especially AOP. Folks that stir the **** pot should have to lick the spoon.
with that being said we have plenty of trails for you to ride if you aren't into the racing scene, all of which is spread out so race traffice won't be an issue.
So far everyone who has seen this place has absolutely loved it, so be prepared to eat crow. :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I've got nothing against Tom or any other park. I support all of the parks especially AOP. Folks that stir the **** pot should have to lick the spoon.
with that being said we have plenty of trails for you to ride if you aren't into the racing scene, all of which is spread out so race traffice won't be an issue.
So far everyone who has seen this place has absolutely loved it, so be prepared to eat crow. :dblthumb:

I'm all for another place close to ride. I was just trying to have some fun no offense meant. I'm hoping to roll in Saturday am.

jeeptj99 said:
I'm all for another place close to ride. I was just trying to have some fun no offense meant. I'm hoping to roll in Saturday am.

I have rode both places.... and after riding BK OffRoad park. I now have a new favorite park to ride !