• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP Memorial Day weekend

Ricky 79cj-7

We've got a group of us heading up from Orlando to Golden Mountain for Memorial Day weekend. There will be about 20-25 Jeeps in our group with a big mix of experience and capabilities.

I've got an old CJ on leaf springs and 37 inch Treps, but I'll be riding with a group ranging from a 4 door JK on coilovers and 40's, a couple LJ's on coilovers, one on 40's and one on 37's, a TJ on ORI's and 42's, down to a TJ on 35's.

What are the best trails for our group?

Re:

Most of the trails at GMP are relatively short, and very apparent how difficult they are when you start.

How comfortable you are with body damage, beating your junk, winching, etc will dictate where you can go.

I'd suggest just downloading the Cartotracks map and go explore the whole park. You cant get lost, and there are some cool climbs and obstacles tucked away off the main trails.

Re:

From a non frequent rider of the park....just look at a trail and hit it.

Nicks right though...if it looks tough at start...then it's tough. Lords bypasses/alternate routes around stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

We'll be riding Friday-Sunday. Is that enough time to see the whole park? I just don't want to miss out on the good stuff because we didn't know where to look.

You can see the park easy in three days. But you will find favorite trails that you will want to run at night and in reverse. That will keep you busy all weekend.

halcat said:
You can see the park easy in three days. But you will find favorite trails that you will want to run at night and in reverse. That will keep you busy all weekend.

I was about to post that, there are a several trails that are just as good in both directions, and many places that's you'll want to go back and try different lines. I think I could run Razorback or the Moon 3 times and never touch the same rocks

will any of you guys be driving up 65 north from alabama guys got set tires clost to birmingham i would like to maby find some one whos willing to pick them up and i come to gmt and get them willing to pay some one for this

GMP is at the top of the list of my favorite parks :****: I went there for the first time Memorial Day weekend 2014. It amazes me how much harder it has gotten since then.(spots of it anyhow) :driving:

Who else is planning to ride at GMP on Memorial Day weekend?

Any bouncers going to be there? We typically try to crawl everything and prefer to keep the rubber side down, but love to watch some full throttle, hill killing action!

Depending on the weather, We are planning on riding & camping. be glad to show you around

Rain, rain go away! Hopefully the forecast will change for the better in the next couple of days. Leaving in the morning and will be arriving at the park on Thursday evening. I'll be in the orange CJ and will be camping at the top of the mountain in the RV section. Come on by and hang out!

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
Rain, rain go away! Hopefully the forecast will change for the better in the next couple of days. Leaving in the morning and will be arriving at the park on Thursday evening. I'll be in the orange CJ and will be camping at the top of the mountain in the RV section. Come on by and hang out!

How are the trail conditions so far?

red94yj said:
How are the trail conditions so far?
It was pretty slick Friday morning, but started drying out throughout the day. By last night we had pretty good traction and went through The Jungle and ran Trail 63. The forecast is calling for rain all day today and tomorrow so it will probably be pretty nasty by the end of today.

I'm done for the weekend, sheared the front output shaft on the atlas.

Thanks Rockwell 1 for letting us tag along with the buggies last night. We had a good time.

Latest posts