• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suspension seats

whiskeymakin

Been looking around at different ones. Mainly looking for a cheaper budget seat. What are yall running these days? I was going to run some leather honda accord seats but they are heavy!

I don't know what you consider "Budget", but I'm running PRPs. I didn't want to cheap out on what my butt will be in for hours at a time, and how my harnesses are run. I've been very pleased. I don't do cloth so I don't have to worry about swamp ass if they get wet.

customcj7 said:
I don't know what you consider "Budget", but I'm running PRPs. I didn't want to cheap out on what my butt will be in for hours at a time, and how my harnesses are run. I've been very pleased. I don't do cloth so I don't have to worry about swamp ass if they get wet.

What about on a warm day? do the vinyl seats not get hotter than a fat guy's ass after Indian food?

PRP daily drivers here also. They are a little taller than the Corbeau SS seats so my head actually hits the head rest. They are also not much more expensive. I love mine. Got them from Wide Open Design.
3478aa4b3a431aae8ece6d985c0b10f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All of the PRPs now have the option of the mud drain.

Just something to consider.

Im running baja ss now and they are fine and relatively inexpensive but my next one will have a nice set of PRPs.

customcj7 said:
I didn't want to cheap out on what my butt will be in for hours at a time

This^^^

I run PRP podiums. I figured even if I cheaped out on everything else, the seats would be the biggest pain in the ass to endure, literally.

I was thinking the prp looks best, just wondering if there was anything besides it I may have missed. I've had the corbeau seats but didn't like them....my head was nowhere near the head rest. Not sure what model it was....ss maybe?
I like the mud drain thing too. Not crazy about a cloth offroad seat. Sseems kindof dumb for what we do
Anybody tried the smittybilt seats?

whiskeymakin said:
I was thinking the prp looks best, just wondering if there was anything besides it I may have missed. I've had the corbeau seats but didn't like them....my head was nowhere near the head rest. Not sure what model it was....ss maybe?
I like the mud drain thing too. Not crazy about a cloth offroad seat. Sseems kindof dumb for what we do
Anybody tried the smittybilt seats?

PRPs are 100% customizable, down to the stitching color, cloth, vinyl, whatever. You can go to their website and play around with the colors and whatnot.

But I agree, no cloth for me.

Corbeau ultras are really comfortable and have a tall back. About $500/pair.

Also, at least the podiums have a removable ass cushon which is nice for washing them or pull them if you're expecting rain when hauling your rig

smbroady82 said:
All of the PRPs now have the option of the mud drain.

Just something to consider.

Im running baja ss now and they are fine and relatively inexpensive but my next one will have a nice set of PRPs.

Mud drain also keeps your ass cooler because it allows ventilation.

It would be awesome to mount some 12v panel fans under your seat to blow air up your :butt:

COOLIN. :dblthumb:

I've got Corbeau XP's, they are super comfy! The vinyl does get hot in the sun but cools off quick enough once you sit in them and get burnt...

So I was looking at PRP's website, where does it give you the option for the mud drain on the daily drivers? Even on the design your own I don't see it. I have cloth seats now and it absolutely sucks ass when they get wet.

I run Master Craft Rubicons and they feel like I'm sitting on marshmellows. One of the best things I've done to my heep.

jeeptj99 said:
So I was looking at PRP's website, where does it give you the option for the mud drain on the daily drivers? Even on the design your own I don't see it. I have cloth seats now and it absolutely sucks ass when they get wet.

Hmm it was there a couple years ago when i ordered mine. The ones i have also dont have PRP in the head rest. Best bet is to call them or a vendor and see what they say. They are awesome.