• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's the oldest vehicle you have ever driven?

sledneck said:
Fabricator1 the Gilmore is awesome. Are you close? Probably be there for the relix riot in August.
It's about 1.5 hours south of me. I'm up by silver lake sand dunes. I was in the area so stopped and checked it out. Definitely a cool place. Looks like they have a lot of events there.

Nice car btw

My old 48 flatfender. Drove it stock a couple years before building it up.

HPIM1239.jpg

My second vehicle was a 74 D100. Gave $888 for it because the lot ran out of 9's to put on the windshield. :****:
Ran that thing until the oil plug fell out on the highway. So yes, it is possible to kill a slant 6.

Re: Re: What's the oldest vehicle you have ever driven?

TBItoy said:
Model T.

High school friend's grandpa had 2 of them.

Current bosses dad has a '31 Model A that I've driven also, it's a lot more like a "modern" car than the T was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a fact. A few friends with As & Ts. 14 T is the oldest Ive driven.

Re:

Besides driving my dad's 70 cuda anytime....one of the best days of my life was getting to drive the Twisted Machine 68? Camaro.

It was a while ago when I was heavy into open track/autocross.

I believe the setup back then was a 500hp smallblock and some paddle shifter setup on some GM trans. Whole car was incredible. I was skiddish at first but it was so confidence inspiring I jus let it eat! 110mp in straights.

http://youtu.be/ZELv-yxxUr0

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Not sure what the oldest one is, probably 1948 Willys that I put an engine in a couple months ago. I was really surprised how good it drove, smashed windshield folded down and no seat belts at 50mph with safety glasses on. 8)

Drove an old deuce I had that was from the 50s that somebody put in an industrial FE ford motor that had no brakes but was cool. Drove a 68 or 69 cutlass with a two speed glide that ran like a raped ape and for some stupid reason if you turned on the wipers the switch would shock the **** out of you at random times :wtflol: have drove all kinds of old things but that's some I remember being kinda older

66 Ford cabover grain truck that was farm clapped out with a load of wheat on it. 8 years old. Let out on the clutch and killed it, started rolling backwards, **** brakes, was headed right toward custom harvesters service truck. Decided to let back out on clutch and the gears held it up. I seriously wonder how I am alive thinking back on some of the things my dad had me do.

AllGoNoShow said:
66 Ford cabover grain truck that was farm clapped out with a load of wheat on it. 8 years old. Let out on the clutch and killed it, started rolling backwards, **** brakes, was headed right toward custom harvesters service truck. Decided to let back out on clutch and the gears held it up. I seriously wonder how I am alive thinking back on some of the things my dad had me do.
All the more character and balls growing up on a farm doing dumb ****. We moved houses on the side with the old grain truck sans bed and 8 sets of dualed up 16" split rim truck tires on axle stubs from cut up rear FF axles. I got to drag power and phone lines over the top with a piece of pvc. Don't worry son, there's no steel toughing the ground. Bird on a wire

blacksheep10 said:
All the more character and balls growing up on a farm doing dumb ****. We moved houses on the side with the old grain truck sans bed and 8 sets of dualed up 16" split rim truck tires on axle stubs from cut up rear FF axles. I got to drag power and phone lines over the top with a piece of pvc. Don't worry son, there's no steel toughing the ground. Bird on a wire
liveing life you were :eek:

I'd need to scrounge through my hard drive archives to find a pic of it but it was a 1913 Richer Schneider. Looked just like this one :

img-35446556d0.jpg