• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Custom 35 questions

skipnrocks

So In my ford 9 I decided to go full float since it was about the same cost as keeping it sf but with the benifit of not needing shell adapters and being able to break a shaft and still drive home. So here is my question where do you like to buy your custom shafts. I know everyone makes them but is there a preference?

And my main question is how to measure for them? In a normal axle you would measure to the splines. But in the 9 you can't see that with the carrier in.

Branik is the first that comes to mind for me. Give them a call I'm sure they can walk you thru how they need measurements to go off of

You will have to decide between flanged or double splined shafts and drive flanges depending on your hub choice. To measure for shafts though you can install the spool then install and long 35 spline shaft and mark it at the spindle. Then measure between the end of the splines to your mark.
There is also a gauge you can bolt in place of the third member that has marks for spline locations. (http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/ASG9.html)
Hudlowe axle can cut, spline and ship shafts to you. I have had several done and always satisfied with their work. If you are running a centered rear housing you can also order up cut to fit shafts. Yukon offers three different lengths to get you in the ballpark, usually have about 4-6" of spline.
Running a 9" spool lets the shaft pass all the way through so this give you some room for error is you are a little long on the the length as long as the splines don't bottom out in the spool.

Kinda disappointed this is not a custom Dana 35 though... :rolf:

RustyC said:
You will have to decide between flanged or double splined shafts and drive flanges depending on your hub choice. To measure for shafts though you can install the spool then install and long 35 spline shaft and mark it at the spindle. Then measure between the end of the splines to your mark.
There is also a gauge you can bolt in place of the third member that has marks for spline locations. (http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/ASG9.html)
Hudlowe axle can cut, spline and ship shafts to you. I have had several done and always satisfied with their work. If you are running a centered rear housing you can also order up cut to fit shafts. Yukon offers three different lengths to get you in the ballpark, usually have about 4-6" of spline.
Running a 9" spool lets the shaft pass all the way through so this give you some room for error is you are a little long on the the length as long as the splines don't bottom out in the spool.

Kinda disappointed this is not a custom Dana 35 though... :rolf:

I am doing double Spline. Running Dana 60 front spindles and hubs. So I'm going to go with a drive flange with that.

I'll have to look for the cut to length ones. And call branik for help. I used branik for my 40 spline stuff. They were great.

The Yukon cut to fit shafts and flanged so they wouldn't do you any good since you are going double splined.