• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Members input on bender stand.

Gamble

So I just bit the bullet and purchased a JD2 model 32 manual bender. Now I know I can find lots of stuff on the web as far as stands, but I thought why not ask the folks here on Hardline. So, for those that wish to share, I would appreciate seeing your stands and or reading your opinions. Thanks ahead of time.

Brian

With a manual you gotta bolt it down solid, don't really see that there is much that could go into a stand more than a post and some flanges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw a 4'x4'x1/2" plate on 4 casters, stick a 3.5' post on the middle, slap the ol bendy on top of that ish, should be good to go.

TBItoy said:
With a manual you gotta bolt it down solid, don't really see that there is much that could go into a stand more than a post and some flanges

I have to agree, but I have also seen some pretty cool stands which incorporated other things in with them also, i.e. tubing notcher mount also. The simple stand is most likely what will get built, but I am all for other cool stuff to go along with it.

Re:

I mounted mine on an engine stand. Wouldn't work for manual bending thought.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I would eventually like to not be using it manually, but that wasn't an option for now. Allegedly, the model 32 isn't too bad unless your bending some really heavy wall stuff.

I put a air over hydraulic cylinder on mine... I put it on a roll around cart... Makes it easy to store or move around the shop to whatever I'm working on....

Here's one I built with some stuff I had laying around the shop.

Attachments

• rps20170622_211158.jpg
    rps20170622_211158.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 107
2" receiver mount. Put one in the shop floor or use it outside on the truck for long sections of tube.

RustyC said:
2" receiver mount. Put one in the shop floor or use it outside on the truck for long sections of tube.

Pretty genius Idea. Will definitely consider this as an option. Thanks for all the ideas so far, and the picture. Keep em coming.

Mo (Rokcrler) has a really cool one he fabbed up, not sure if it would work for your application though being manual.

I'll see if he can post up a pic.

Got tired of pulling on a bar, went air/hydro.
e56b65de6b1eed33f378dbcdbe4d2f2f.jpg

M32 build by my boy James
fc5f9f040dc83c1d42f29a0a9d49e9a3.jpg

9dab6ebd4b26b5456afd8a3b08f95f0a.jpg

Liked it so much I built mine like it

Those are all some nice stands. I am sure it will take me a little while to even have time to put this thing together and get started on the stand so hopefully I can put together a good setup. Where are you all sourcing your parts for the air/hydro conversion? I know most people use a HF ram, but other than that, I haven't read much on the parts lists.

Gamble said:
Those are all some nice stands. I am sure it will take me a little while to even have time to put this thing together and get started on the stand so hopefully I can put together a good setup. Where are you all sourcing your parts for the air/hydro conversion? I know most people use a HF ram, but other than that, I haven't read much on the parts lists.

Swag off-road is where I got my set up. You get the conversion parts there and order the HF ram separately.