Votes: 10 10.3%
  • McGregor KO

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Who gives a crap?

Votes: 27 27.8%

• Total voters
Mayweather in a split decision. But I hope for a first round knockout from a flurry of crazy punches by McGregor :eat:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Mayweather in a split decision. But I hope for a first round knockout from a flurry of crazy punches by McGregor :eat:
X2. I think if they go traditional boxing the whole time it will be boring. If McGregor comes out trying to end it early it just could happen.

I think Connor has a few things going for him:
1. He can stalk him aggressively because he does not have to worry about getting kicked or submitted.
2. Ring is square so there are corners. He is used to a bigger ring with more real estate and less corners so his opponents can be more elusive.
3. He is used to getting hit with 4oz gloves with very little padding so a heavier padded boxing glove will cushion the blow a little
4. He is getting $100 million dollars
5. He is younger and stronger than Mayweather and is a freaking beast for his weight.
6. He is a fighter. He talks trash and is arrogant and cocky but he is a fighter. He likes to fight and he is not scared to fight, so if nothing else, he at least stands a punchers chance.
7. Mayweather's hands? Not sure what they are talking about but apparently his hands have gotten less hard over the years (I still wouldn't want to get hit in the face by them :dunno:)

All that being said, it will probably be the most difficult fight McGregor could ever imagine. Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever. He is boring to watch and I do not like him but he is good and will exploit McGregor's weak points. It will either be fun to watch or a complete waste of time and money. I guess we will see.

Re:

For a 100 million, I'd let any one punch me till I fell down. Hell, I might even schedule a rematch.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

It's hard for me to believe that a non boxer would stand a chance against a real boxer. Seems like you can't hit those guys. That's all they do all day since they were 3, practice not getting hit and learning how to pick apart your defense and hit when you don't have it in the right place. Not that MMA is a ton different, just you practice so many things and have to guard your whole body against every type of attack and a fair amount of time is spent on grappling/takedown/wrestling/fighting in the dirt. You are taking away 2/3 of one of the fighter's weapons.

blacksheep10 said:
It's hard for me to believe that a non boxer would stand a chance against a real boxer. Seems like you can't hit those guys. That's all they do all day since they were 3, practice not getting hit and learning how to pick apart your defense and hit when you don't have it in the right place. Not that MMA is a ton different, just you practice so many things and have to guard your whole body against every type of attack and a fair amount of time is spent on grappling/takedown/wrestling/fighting in the dirt. You are taking away 2/3 of one of the fighter's weapons.

I agree 100% I have to think Mayweather has much faster hands.

I really don't care who wins, but it sure is a good excuse to invite all your buddies over for beer and BBQ!! Get the fight on the big screen in the garage se we can drink, smoke cigars and trash talk something we have no clue about.

McGregor is one of my top 5 favorite MMA fighters just because of the off the wall trash talk he comes up with. Dudes freaking hilarious and can back up all the trash talk. I hope he destroys Mayweather.

This fight ain`t getting out of the first round. Somebody`s getting knocked out. My thinking has been if you can`t go to the ground at all McGregor may be in trouble but, if it can go to the ground it`s almost a no brainer. I absolutely ****ing hate Mayweather but, the stupid bitch is fast and hits hard regular boxing gloves ain`t gonna cushion his hits. It will be cool to see the two different styles/ movements go at it. MMA has much more movement and open stances. Gonna be different.

For the record I hope Mayweather dies in the ring. Like some old Rocky beat to death ****.

Mayweather is undefeated for a reason, unless there's a buster Douglas moment mayweather will pick him apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But this is a boxing match right? I could care less who wins but I can't see anyone that's never boxed beating Mayweather in a boxing match??????

It will be interesting to see what happens that's for sure. McGregor has unreal speed and power to. Everyone he's fought has said so. One thing that I've always wondered if this fight happened would be if McGregor could keep his head and not shoot for a take down or something. In high school when I wrestled I did a couple Greco Roman matches and I always had to be thinking to not shoot for the take down because it's different rules. It happened dude had his lead leg out and before I could stop myself I had him on his back from a single leg which isn't allowed in Greco, so a MMA fighter that has a chance to shoot for the takedown, tie up in a clinch, or land a devastating head kick can they stop that instinct inside them that takes over in competition.

whiskeymakin said:
Yea I see a kick to the head ending it by accident whether it's ko or not

This^..... after he gets his bell rung, the animal comes out and he folds Money down and gets DQd... remember Tyson v Holyfield