• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ruffstuff xj long arm kit opinions/options

417chevy

Has anyone on here used one, are they worth a damn? They seem prices cheap at $399

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put together a 4.5" RC LA lift for a buddy of mine on his XJ last year. The LA's have their latest bushing setup in them and so far so good. It has seen a few different wheeling trips and has performed very well for an out of the box setup. The ride difference between it and the two SA lifted XJ's we regularly run is huge. It just kinda floats down the trails while they constantly bounce around. I am not sure where the $399 price came from though, but I am not sure what you are putting it on, so I only looked at jeep pricing. Hope this helps you some, but I don't know exactly what you are wanting to know.

I'm running the ruff stuff diy long arm kit on my xj with 1 tons and 42s and it's worth the money if you're wanting to do it your self. The arms are thick and plenty long enough so you can mount them where or how you want. I have zero complaints about mine.

Bamaxj84 said:
I'm running the ruff stuff diy long arm kit on my xj with 1 tons and 42s and it's worth the money if you're wanting to do it your self. The arms are thick and plenty long enough so you can mount them where or how you want. I have zero complaints about mine.

Sweet that's what I was hoping to hear.

I looked at those a while back. I know they call them a long arm setup. But aren't they more of a radius arm style? I go back and forth between those and a 3 link.

The Luke said:
I looked at those a while back. I know they call them a long arm setup. But aren't they more of a radius arm style? I go back and forth between those and a 3 link.

Most xj guys call anything with longer control arms than stock, long arm. The worst is a lot of them call Iron rock long arms a 3-link, when it is a radius arm. You'll get better performance out of a properly setup 3-link though.

That's what I was thinking. The money will be close to the same for building a similar jointed 3 link.

Best 3 link kit out on the market for the xj/mj

Rock Solid Fab in Chattanooga is making them. Contact Toms 4x4 in Chattanooga about them.

1c86a8051b7d756b511c6ee8b4b17a3f.jpg

xjkrawler said:
Best 3 link kit out on the market for the xj/mj

Rock Solid Fab in Chattanooga is making them. Contact Toms 4x4 in Chattanooga about them.

1c86a8051b7d756b511c6ee8b4b17a3f.jpg

$1,000 they can keep it

TBItoy said:
I bet you can build something way better :stir:

(but, yeah, $1000 is a lot of cheddar to throw at a $300 Cherokar)

Come on now this boy growd up a little

The book of faces sucked me a way for a while but I missed y'all smart asses to much