• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2018 Yamaha Star Venture

civicmindedex79

Anybody got any thoughts on the new Yamaha touring bikes?? I have been trying to collect pennies for a new touring bike of some kind (mainly wanting a Harley Ultra). I am not a Harley nutswinger nor a brand whore but I have always been partial to Yamaha's and loved my last bike. It was a 2006 Yamaha Roadstar, pretty much same bike as the new Venture but without being a full dresser. I hate the big air scoops on the front. I am hoping they serve a purpose other then bringing air into the rider if not they would need to go. This is a good mix I feel between the comfort of a Goldwing and the not totally selling out to a Harley. Bash on I don't mind.

Just wondering if anyone had any insight on the new bike coming out. Added a link for reference if anyone hadn't seen them or cares to see them.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/transcontinental-touring/models/2018/star-venture

It's so close to a goldwing that you might as well get the real thing. I'll take the goldwing's smooth linear power over that V-twin any day. I'd absolutely say ride both if you can find a dealer willing to demo the Yamaha. For me, it wouldn't even be a contest. Goldwing all the way.

money_pit_yj said:
I think it is like Eddy's katana, should be easy to pick guys up on. Get a harley :woot:

I heard that. So I know I will be crucified but I honestly think this falls a lot more into the Harley category then the Goldwing category. I agree the big ugly air ducts on the front do it no justice but V-Twin, pushrod style motor, and not having the motor completely covered by plastics and crap pull it out of the Goldwing family. I have been set for more then a year wanting a Harley and then Yamaha which I really like comes out with this thing. :dunno:

civicmindedex79 said:
I heard that. So I know I will be crucified but I honestly think this falls a lot more into the Harley category then the Goldwing category. I agree the big ugly air ducts on the front do it no justice but V-Twin, pushrod style motor, and not having the motor completely covered by plastics and crap pull it out of the Goldwing family. I have been set for more then a year wanting a Harley and then Yamaha which I really like comes out with this thing. :dunno:

I guess the choice is either comfortable, practical but not real cool yamaha or loud, shaking, classic, cool Harley.

money_pit_yj said:
I guess the choice is either comfortable, practical but not real cool yamaha or loud, shaking, classic, cool Harley.

Road a newer Electra Ultra with 6 speed trans, hard to tell its even a Harley didn't ride but a few miles. Also road a Softail 6 speed for 3300 miles. Very comfortable but told me for sure I wanted a touring bike.

Re:

I had a nice triumph back in the day that had some customization to it. Most bike nuts, would scratch their heads trying to figure it out. I removed (or had removed) all the items that showed it was a triumph. Only a few got it right over the years.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I had a nice triumph back in the day that had some customization to it. Most bike nuts, would scratch their heads trying to figure it out. I removed (or had removed) all the items that showed it was a triumph. Only a few got it right over the years.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

That's actually how my Fury is. People who don't know bikes look at it trying to figure out what it is.