• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Burris Valley Ranch

GONOVRIT said:
Damn Perry! Hate to hear that! Did you just lose oil pressure or??

It landed on the rear drive shaft with both rear tires not touching rock. We shut the engine off while trying multiple ways to get it off of the rock. When the engine was started it sucked oil through the PCV system and bent the number 7 rod and locked up the motor. I have had it laid over worse than that many times but never shut the motor off. I should have modified the PCV system when I built the buggy or at least left the ignition off and bumped the motor over.

Re: Re: Burris Valley Ranch

Sawzall said:
It landed on the rear drive shaft with both rear tires not touching rock. We shut the engine off while trying multiple ways to get it off of the rock. When the engine was started it sucked oil through the PCV system and bent the number 7 rod and locked up the motor. I have had it laid over worse than that many times but never shut the motor off. I should have modified the PCV system when I built the buggy or at least left the ignition off and bumped the motor over.
That blows, had a scare like that myself, I now do the three sides and down trick then vent to atmosphere for both the valley (dirty side on one line) and both valve covers T'd into one line (clean side.)

Disassembled yet, or have a plan?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Burris Valley Ranch

mcutler said:
Disassembled yet, or have a plan?

It is out and mostly disassembled. Leaning towards a 408 stroker and reuse my 317 cathedral port heads. I would like to have the horsepower and torque to peak lower in the RPM range and have a flatter torque curve.

Latest posts