• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pholmann

Holy ****! I only knew him from here but I could tell he was a helluva guy. Terrible tragedy and I pray for peace and comfort for all his family and friends.

RIP fellow wheeler.

I've tried to type this a few times now but keep bailing because it's hard to put into words that make sense to me, let alone anyone else. Over the past day I've been really wondering how the passing of someone I've never met face to face could affect me so much. But I suppose that's just a testament to what others have said. He never talked to me like I was just some random guy, 600 miles away, that he could make a buck off of by selling me a motor. Early on, our conversations would usually start off with a question from me but those interactions would end up being day long conversations involving all kinds of topics. From wheeling, to working, to family and kids. He would always get a hold of me and send well wishes, in his own special way, on fathers day and such. The biggest regret I have, is he would pretty consistently invite me down. And I never made it. I know sometimes it was in jest but I feel like it would have made his day if I woulda just rolled up his driveway one time out of the blue. He completely understood the challenge for me to travel down just due to work, kids, dogs and just life in general but I promised him I would get down to see him this fall. This is twice now in the recent months that I planned to see someone but they passed before I got a chance. It's the kind of thing that really eats you up, like you let them down in the biggest way. I guess that's just the way things go. I still consider him as a good friend and hope that he knew that. All that being said, looks like the rest of us are going to have to step up our game with harassing people breaking the rules. He would've wanted that.

As I sit here reading all of these stories trying not to weep, I can only imagine what ya'll saw in him. I was not the lucky one who got to sit through storms with Patrick, or the one who had him build them a motor, or the one who sat and tried to destroy all the beers ever made in one sitting. I was the lucky one who did get to sit and talk with him about my life and what he dealt with in his. He let me take a sneak peek into what made him tick. Motors, buggies, family, friends. Like someone said, HE WOULDN'T LEAVE YOU STRANDED. I got to believe for the short time I got to know him, that he didn't leave any of us stranded, no matter what it was we were dealing with. His text messages to me were always like he was standing in front of me talking and drinking a beer.
Maybe I am being selfish, but he made me feel like I was his best friend and not you. This is how he made all of us who knew him feel. This is going to be a tough pill to swallow, but from what has been written, we will be pulling together even closer as a group to show Patrick how much his life and short time with us, really means. God bless all of you guys, girls, and let us never take anyone or anything for granite in life, as nothing is guaranteed to us.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Maybe I am being selfish, but he made me feel like I was his best friend and not you.

This ^^^ I know this will sound crazy, but I always felt really close to Patrick even though we had only met a few times. Then I read all of this and realize he made everyone feel that way. What an amazing human. You will be missed brother.

Re:

He always called me on my **** that's for sure....but He was nice about it. He always fought my stupidity with logic and common sense. He "won" most of our "discussions".

I have so much to learn from him still...

I met him at Hawk Pride as he was cussing something or someone. I introduced myself and he said "sorry about that" I said "its ok dude, I have actually heard a cuss word before and even said some myself" His reply was "Good cause I say a lot of them" :rolf:

He treated folks with respect. He may not have agreed with you but until you gave him a reason not to be, he was respectful. He was always my go to when my phone grounded me from the group text cause he would answer pretty much 24/7. I think it says a lot about the type of man he was, that so many people felt like he was their best friend. Not one of us is promised our next breath, make the most of your life while you still have it. Mend broken relationships, call your friends, hug your kids, get right with God, don't be angry, apologize when needed and accept apologies when they are given. Continue to pray for his family and friends and celebrate his life!

5BrothersFabrication said:
Been with Lori most of the day. It's been tough, but it's funny how this is a catalyst for 2 things-

1- Me, Blake, Patrick and a couple other friends have been tight for a long time. Our wives had a squabble over something, sides were chosen and they rarely talked, although the men stayed tight. Tonight all the women were there, like nothing happened. It's things like this that let you know, all that petty **** was just silly, too silly to lose time with a friend.

2- To me, family comes first. Now I have guilt from all the times Patrick would call and ask if I wanted to come to the garage and piddle, and it was always baseball this, hockey that, we have plans to eat dinner with another family that has kids for ours to play with... At least more than a few times I feel like I should have said, "Babe, go ahead and hang out with them, I told Patrick I'd be over later." We started our friendship as coworkers and neighbors, and as life went on, our lives sort of forked and I had kids, he started wheeling too far too often and I couldn't keep up, but I always loved him like a brother and should have treated it as such. I literally talked to him WAY more than any of my 4 real brothers.

My takeaway from this is don't take your FRIENDS for granted. The loss is just as tough as any relative.

Love you, brother. You will be missed.

Mike, sent you a PM regarding arrangements. I'm bad about not checking mine so thought maybe I'd post here too.

Thanks

muddinmetal said:
This ^^^ I know this will sound crazy, but I always felt really close to Patrick even though we had only met a few times. Then I read all of this and realize he made everyone feel that way. What an amazing human. You will be missed brother.
Hit the nail on the head.

Beerj said:
I've tried to type this a few times now but keep bailing because it's hard to put into words that make sense to me, let alone anyone else. Over the past day I've been really wondering how the passing of someone I've never met face to face could affect me so much. But I suppose that's just a testament to what others have said. He never talked to me like I was just some random guy, 600 miles away, that he could make a buck off of by selling me a motor. Early on, our conversations would usually start off with a question from me but those interactions would end up being day long conversations involving all kinds of topics. From wheeling, to working, to family and kids. He would always get a hold of me and send well wishes, in his own special way, on fathers day and such. The biggest regret I have, is he would pretty consistently invite me down. And I never made it. I know sometimes it was in jest but I feel like it would have made his day if I woulda just rolled up his driveway one time out of the blue. He completely understood the challenge for me to travel down just due to work, kids, dogs and just life in general but I promised him I would get down to see him this fall. This is twice now in the recent months that I planned to see someone but they passed before I got a chance. It's the kind of thing that really eats you up, like you let them down in the biggest way. I guess that's just the way things go. I still consider him as a good friend and hope that he knew that. All that being said, looks like the rest of us are going to have to step up our game with harassing people breaking the rules. He would've wanted that.

You hit the nail on the head right there. There are no strangers to Patrick. That was one of the aggravating parts of wheeling with him. Most times if we were riding with new folks or saw new folks on the trail, we would ride half of what we could have rode because he would ride, stop, shoot the ****, ride, stop, shoot the ****.... He was a very social guy, but that's what made him who he is.

Medical examiner has yet to release him to a funeral home, I'll post details as soon as I find out. I do know Travis wants to get a bunch of buggies there.

I don't have a buggy. But if I can make it work, I'd like to drag the jeep out there too. Regardless, I'll be there either way.

The Luke said:
I don't have a buggy. But if I can make it work, I'd like to drag the jeep out there too. Regardless, I'll be there either way.

Hey, buggy, RZR, Jeeps, cab trucks, hot rods, mopeds, whatever. Regardless of what he told Mopar Man, if it went woopow or weepow, he dug it. I'm taking my 85 F250 that he helped me keep on the road.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Hey, buggy, RZR, Jeeps, cab trucks, hot rods, mopeds, whatever. Regardless of what he told Mopar Man, if it went woopow or weepow, he dug it. I'm taking my 85 F250 that he helped me keep on the road.

If it's able to, I'd like to drive my old truck to the service (silver 1500) that he and the kids swapped the 6.0 into.

Patrick was my friend. This is very hard. I have been texting him since last night. I knew something was wrong. Can anyone give me his wife's name and number?
He was a great guy and a good friend.

This post cracked me up last week. Dude rescued a damn possum! Guess it's true that he won't leave anybody stranded! Wish I could've got to know him better.
bb0b6b36c22e4b2fcc10163449cad8cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

locnrol said:
Patrick was my friend. This is very hard. I have been texting him since last night. I knew something was wrong. Can anyone give me his wife's name and number?
He was a great guy and a good friend.

His wife's name is Lori for what it is worth.

Here's some pictures from Lee Camp. He rode with Bart, Enzo Patrick, Lori and I last fall at Harlan.
1facb51cf0fbd27e957e1cb20dc65e5f.jpg
ae985884ed76eaca03a4b2873ea80b8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts