• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gen 4 LS Harness. Who to use?

Re: Re: Gen 4 LS Harness. Who to use?

kmcminn said:
The harness is at another shop now or I would post one.
Yeah hammered **** is bad.

That sucks man, he just did mine a cpl months ago and it was good. What was wrong with it?

If anyone is DIY they're gen IV harness, I would like the oil pressure sensor from the valley cover, and the wiring connector and pigtail back to the pcm pins. Thank you :)

There's a lot of cheese **** BS in the harness game these days. Apparently these "builders" think that split loom and electrical tape is acceptable. That may work for some but not for me. I personally run a Mast harness, it is beautiful. My buddy was in the market for a good harness just recently and after a lot of research, emailing companies, and talking on the phone we settled on Speartech. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I will follow up with how he likes it but we are expecting great work from them. It was a premium price but you get what you pay for and they have been awesome to deal with.

I'll second the Mast harness. Pricey wth a computer, but it's definitely top notch, and trouble free.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I emailed about everyone listed above except Mast. I got the runaround from most of them. I ended up calling Tilden Motorsports and they built me a new harness and flashed my PCM. It was definitely more expensive than having one cut down but the quality is amazing. Every thing is clean, labeled and very well thought out. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

9c1cc823f1dfdcab12cb44492808cfe5.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I run a PSIConversion.com harness on my junk. Been on and off of two different LS engines in two different rigs. When i had a couple questions, they were quick to answer and even returned a call on Sunday. I would definitely use them again.

Team208Motorsports for the tune.

redneckengineered said:
When I talked to them last they were getting out of the harness/ECM game, just doing motors. You may could call and get one, but they're not on the website anymore.

Couldn't you used to be able to call them and they could tune your ECM over the phone? :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Couldn't you used to be able to call them and they could tune your ECM over the phone? :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

Yes they still will if you are running a Mast computer. I just heard they were no longer going to be offering the Mast proprietary ECMs/software once they are gone they're gone. This is just what I heard but considering they're no longer on the website I have to assume it is true.

Speartech is good. We have pretty much stopped using oem ecu's. The holley stuff just works too well and datalogs, plus its universal to any engine combo..
Split loom isnt allowed in my shop along with t taps l, lol
We use techflex f6

FORDTECHGURU said:
Split loom isnt allowed in my shop along with t taps l, lol
We use techflex f6

Just googled this stuff, looks nice. How do you seal it? Shrink tube? Tape?

redneckengineered said:
You don't. It is split and wraps around itself. Kind of like the material has memory. Very nice stuff.
Kinda, we tape the ends with coroplast tape for a professional finish. Its the same stuff painless sells for more $$ on summit. Techflex is the mnfg. Ebay sellers have it the cheapest, same product holley efi harnesses are loomed with but they use basic electric tape to finish, we try not to use electric tape very much, gets gooey..