• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dirty turtle Ultra4 race ??

jp fan

Is anyone on here going to this I was thinking about going it is a 4.5 hour trip and some people have said may not be worth the trip any thoughts thanks

I'll be there to run the UTV race and try to close out the season on a high note. I'm hoping to get to stick around for the Ultra4/SRRS shootout, but it is looking doubtful.

I'll be here with the ultra 4 team RockIt Racing , he already qualified for KOH so he entered the shoot out and is gonna :driving: since it's the last race on this buggy

Rockwells607 said:
I'll be here with the ultra 4 team RockIt Racing , he already qualified for KOH so he entered the shoot out and is gonna :driving: since it's the last race on this buggy

I'm thinking it might take 3 or 4 trips to get all the pieces in the trailer Sat night.... :woot:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
The Ultra4 vs SRRS shootout will be worth it on its own
Tell me you will be filming so those of us that cant make it will get to enjoy the glory. I was at the backdoor challenge this year and it was almost better watching your video at home later that week. Just couldn't feel the rumble in your feet the same.

This was a great event or those that missed it, great to see so many big time rigs and drivers at one spot . Will be looking forward to next year :dblthumb:

Watched some of the live coverage off and on Saturday. Looked like a good turn out and slightly dusty too. Already watched Madram's videos from the shootout too.

It was my first time to DTOR, and it was one of my favorite events of the year. Looking forward to next year.

I made it, Pretty good time! Amazing that small of a park can bring out such a big turnout! They put tons of work and time into the events they hold there, guess thats why. Although i wish they would of ran the harder hill for a "bounty" hill. Used to be bounty hills were all about a hard unclimbale hill that if someone makes it they get the cash. Now its all by time. Word on the street is if they picked the harder hills, a lot of the ultra4 guys were going to back out. lol. I understand though those are high dollar purpose built rigs they dont want to trash on one hill! But everyone put on a great show i thought!

A lot of people don't consider the fact that when the Ultra4 guys " backed out " they pussed out . Truth of the matter is they ran 60 miles of track earlier that day and qualified the day before . A lot of them were broke or damaged. In our case both! :woot: but still sent it at the shootout !

They make fun of our "jungle-gym" cages but they know a single bounty hill roll to the bottom in one of their rigs would require a major cage rebuild.

Just like the shootout at KOH they want a trail-hill that's doable to see the fastest time so everyone is even somewhat. It was a good show with a lot of people attending,they could have used a couple light plants showing the middle and top of the hill but was a great event and can't wait for it next year

Crhall said:
I made it, Pretty good time! Amazing that small of a park can bring out such a big turnout! They put tons of work and time into the events they hold there, guess thats why. Although i wish they would of ran the harder hill for a "bounty" hill. Used to be bounty hills were all about a hard unclimbale hill that if someone makes it they get the cash. Now its all by time. Word on the street is if they picked the harder hills, a lot of the ultra4 guys were going to back out. lol. I understand though those are high dollar purpose built rigs they dont want to trash on one hill! But everyone put on a great show i thought!

It wasn't a bounty hill, I am not sure why'd you think it should have been one. It was a shoot out. Big difference in the type of hill. The goal was to find something everyone should climb and see who can do it fastest. If the goal was to find a super steep and near unclimbable hill, then I would hope the bouncers would eat us U4 guys lunch. That would be like putting bouncers against us on a 100 mile race course.

Most of the u4 guys didn't show because they couldn't. Too broken to attempt it. I think only a couple of us went. When racing we do everything reasonably possibly to protect the cars so the components last. Hill killing is a different mentality. The only reason I ran my car was because it was my last race in it and wanted to have a little fun.... open diff and all.

Either way, I had fun and enjoy hanging out with the SRRS guys.