• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solar Eclipse

L

lowbudgetjunk

Anyone have a good spot available for the upcoming eclipse?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I got a good spot in my yard and its on totality path. But you probably don't want to travel to Missouri..

lowbudgetjunk said:
Anyone have a good spot available for the upcoming eclipse?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Smoky Mountains & Oak Ridge are supposed to be in the path. Your always welcome in Knoxville.

If it wasn't on a damn Monday, I'd ride my bike up to north TN to see it. But I ain't takin' off work just to go see it get dark. molaugh

Re:

Golden Mountain Park is directly in the path of totality. 2m31sec

I'll be at work, I reckon I'll step outside for 2m29.5sec

Re:

We're in "the path" here in Blue Ridge, GA. They're really expecting some huge crowds here and to the north and east of here. They've cancelled school and made a big deal out of it. People are already selling shirts, hats, eclipse glasses, stickers, and even cupcakes. Festivals and "watching parties" are planned. I work 4 10's and happen to be off on Mondays. Gonna slang a chair out in the yard and drank some cooluns.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I know its a rare event but there sure are some people spending tons of money for 2 1/2 minutes.

j-mox said:
I know its a rare event but there sure are some people spending tons of money for 2 1/2 minutes.
You ever priced a high class hooker and some blow? :eek:

My house is about 1 mile from the center of the path. Apparently several people are partying at my house...I'll be at work.

They have websites that you punch in your address and it'll tell you the percentage of blackout or whatever. Mine was like 99% or something close to it

Golden Mountain Park is damn near dead center of the path. I'd love to wheel to the top of crackhead and view but it's a Monday so no go

From what I have heard the difference in 99% and 100% is huge. If you are within a couple of hours of the path of totality (100%) and care at all about seeing it, I would recommend driving to wherever you need to be.