• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solar Eclipse

Re:

I am praying for clear skies. I will be traveling to see it. I will be in the 100% zone because I will never have the chance again in my lifetime. As well, kids are going too...they might could squeak it out if they live to be 103 and 105, but that's a stretch.

I have read that it is a spiritual experience and have read about it from a young age. Now it's go time and I really can't wait. I'll post up some videos in a couple weeks.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

That's still up for debate. I have a couple options. I am leaning towards the less populated areas because I don't like the thought of being blown up, shot or trampled to death.

You're welcome to come up to my place if you just feel like driving to lebanon for an afternoon. Haha

lowbudgetjunk said:
That's still up for debate. I have a couple options. I am leaning towards the less populated areas because I don't like the thought of being blown up, shot or trampled to death.

Come up to Cookeville/Sparta. I can take off and we'll go bum around GMP. Or just hang out and shoot the ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was originally planning to head to Windrock and hoping to find somewhere to watch. Is there any interest to get a group up to do Golden Mountain. I haven't been there before, but it looks to be about the same distance as Windrock for me. This of course would be pending that my gayzer makes it back from the Dirty Turtle Ultra 4 race in trail riding condition.

Re:

It would cool if this was a week later when I'll be in Yellowstone. We did get super lucky and our wedding will be the peak night of the Persid Meteor Shower and we'll be out at dad's farm with a good view.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

I am bringing my pregnant wife and two little kids. I am thinking about seeing if I can book a room at Golden Mountain, if not just to say I've been there and be in a more secluded place.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I am bringing my pregnant wife and two little kids. I am thinking about seeing if I can book a room at Golden Mountain, if not just to say I've been there and be in a more secluded place.

doesn't sound like much wheelin' will be happening then.

I hope the weather is nice. Definitely check out the park and drool over the cool rocks.

If I ran GMP I'd have made a whole deal of it a marketed the **** out of it. Big Eclipse party, Night Crawling, Mountain Top Eclipse viewing Sunday afternoon.

It'd be Yuge. :dblthumb:

Trying to talk my wife into going to LBL. I think it will be good for my kids especially the 11 and 12yr olds.

Could you imagine if they couldn't predict these things. Your standing outside mid day and all the sudden it goes pitch black. People would be freaking out.

Pretty cool though. I'm looking forward to it. I'm in Nashville so it should be good here.

Re:

I will be watching it from my boat on Lake Murray in SC it is right in the middle of the 100% zone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

432c52fe27a2ed8e8d82761bc43ee2ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are any of you making a viewing box or using the paper glasses from a store/online? I plan on using my welding helmet and may let my daughter make a viewing box, shes a crafty little booger.

mikeparker said:
Are any of you making a viewing box or using the paper glasses from a store/online? I plan on using my welding helmet and may let my daughter make a viewing box, shes a crafty little booger.

Aren't you way south of the viewing area?

Re:

You can see the partial all over the US......I will be at GMP