• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Solar Eclipse

Safety first
c3b265498dc1c1146caf61865350d284.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

My child may look weird, but a minute or less could make him blind. Weird wins over blind any day.

My two knucklehead boys will be out of school + I need to get an axle shaft to Hudlowe in Chattanooga to be cut and splined = a day trip for us from Springville. May watch from Rock City just to make a memory.

Re:

Is there levels on them? I've heard the number 14 come up as a safe number. So, take that for what it is.

Ok,, I have a question? Maybe dumb question but I'm asking anyway.
Why is the sun so much "brighter " Monday than any other day? I've looked at the sun a million times without glasses. :dunno:

Re:

You don't stare at it for minutes on end....otherwise you'd be blind.

I think the biggest problem is that once it's in full eclipse mode, it's really dark out. Your pupils are dilated and if the sun peeks out around the moon while you're looking, it's a far greater shock to the retina than just glancing at it on a sunny day. I think you can look at the eclipse just fine as long as you don't get caught slipping.

My nice Jackson helmet works fine set on 13. Don't see any spots afterwords. The cheapo helmets, needed to wave my finger in front of the sensors to keep the lens dark. It helped turning the sensitivity up and slowing the speed down or long delay.

Damn sumbitch outta' townerz ruinin' my morning work commute and convenient store stop. Seems like most of these star child ****ers never heard of a smartphone / GPS. ****....

tonybolton said:
Damn sumbitch outta' townerz ruinin' my morning work commute and convenient store stop. Seems like most of these star child ****ers never heard of a smartphone / GPS. ****....

Luckily I don't have to go into "town" to get to work. I thought about going for a biscuit at the T-Mar this morning but I expect Cookeville to be a **** show today, especially since they are doing sewer work on the main road from the interstate to TTU campus.

The city is expecting 50,000 people... And they have the football stadium open for a FREE "Eclipse Party" with free glasses for the first 10,000 ppl that show up. (The population of Cookeville is ~30K)

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
.... I will never have the chance again in my lifetime. As well, kids are going too...they might could squeak it out if they live to be 103 and 105, but that's a stretch.....

You must be pretty old if you have kids that are 96 and 98......

Only gonna be 7 years till the next one....

Re:

gottagofast said:
You must be pretty old if you have kids that are 96 and 98......

Only gonna be 7 years till the next one....

Apparently the 2024 eclipse is supposed to be even better, because the moon will be closer to the earth, so the "path of totalitly" (ie shadow) will be bigger, predicted 5+ minute duration.

thcf22-768x561.jpg

Not sure why the big deal with these glasses....aren't most people going to be holding their phones taking pictures? Just look at it through your phone. Unless its super amoled HD 4k of course.... ;)