• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 1988-91 Honda Civic 4cyl with Auto trans

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Like to buy a complete running driving car. Don't care what condition it is in other than engine and trans. Anyone have one sitting around.
1988-1991 Honda Civic
4cyl with Auto transaxle

Re: 1990-91 Honda Civic Sedan 4cyl with Auto trans

I've got a 94 Civic 4door auto, what's the difference as far as what your looking for? It's ugly, uses some oil but leaks more and damn dependable. I dove it daily till it got real hot, then had to get back in the Tacoma for cold AC. Text or leave voicemail if any questions 1-662-587-0034 thumb.gif

bobbyndelane said:
I've got a 94 Civic 4door auto, what's the difference as far as what your looking for? It's ugly, uses some oil but leaks more and damn dependable. I dove it daily till it got real hot, then had to get back in the Tacoma for cold AC. Text or leave voicemail if any questions 1-662-587-0034 thumb.gif

The 88-91 civic auto only requires a cable for shift control, and are fully hydraulically controlled similar to a th350. No computer or any additional parts for the transaxle to operate correctly

I'd stop by ur local Home Depot or favorite Mesican restaurant and strike up a conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
I'd stop by ur local Home Depot or favorite Mesican restaurant and strike up a conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Mexican restaurants around here are high class. They make more money than the rest of us around here. They all drive a new corvette, new mustang, or an Escalade.

Thats correct the trans needs to be from 88-91 Civic and engine needs to be either from a 88-91 Civic or 88-91 Acura Integra but figured it would be easier to just buy a running driving Civic where I can get everything from the same car. CV shafts and all to help with building driveshafts

I know a couple Honda guys. They're digging around for ya. I'll keep you posted

You may be friends with him on facebook. Look up Mitchell Shell. He seems to always have Honda stuff around.

Thanks guys I'll look him up and see what he has

Re: 1988-91 Honda Civic Sedan 4cyl with Auto trans

Mitchell has a crx with an auto but doesnt currently run. would rather at least be able to drive to verify it is good.... I may pick it up but Still looking
also read that the same year acura integra would work but would still have to find a civic transaxle

There are a few civics from those years at pull-a-part in Birmingham. May be worth the drive

Yeah they have some but would rather buy a driving car where I can bring it back to the shop to disassemble

Would a 1990 CRX w/ auto trans work for you Zayne?

zayne2427 said:
Yeah I think so.

Ok. Buddy of mine here in Hayden has one that he was driving back and forth to work in Birmingham. It just died one day like an electrical problem. He's willing to sell it cheap....jlmk if you would like more info.

Yeah get me some info. I've found 2 more just like it. Sounds like a common thing

bought me a parts car to use the motor and trans for mock up. Not sure if the motor or trans is any good so im still looking for another but it was cheap enough i can scrap the rest of the car and get my money back.
still looking for something i can hear run

Man I found a crx si at a junkyard this weekend. 100% complete. It's a 5spd tho. Not sure if you're interested or not. It was super clean and made me a little sad to see it in the scrap yard

zayne2427 said:
Yeah get me some info. I've found 2 more just like it. Sounds like a common thing
Distributor if they won't fire.