• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Low budget, Rear engine Honda, 4Wheel steer project

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Bought a rolling chassis so I can't take credit for any of the work so far.
Chassis built on extreme 4x4 by Ian Johnson using rock ape's design
Front and rear steer Toyota axles stuffed full of goodies
Huge aluminum links
Currently on 36 iroks. Will be getting 37 sticky of some sort. Possibly 39.
I mainly bought it for my wife to wheel but haven't made up my mind if I am going to finish it out as a single seater or turn it into a kid 2 seater with a slider on the driver seat where my wife can still drive it
I've owned several rear engine buggies but never assembled one.
Looks like I am going to need a 1991 Honda Civic Sedan 4cyl with Auto transaxle to get me going and then go from there.
The 91 is OBD0 so little wiring and the trans is no wiring and shifts like a th350.
I talked with Brad and the green buggy he built years ago was based off of the same engine trans combo.
Shoud be a fun build

Rock Apes build thread " Low Budget Pimpin" http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/562853-project-lo-budget-pimpin.html

Pics
38fb6207ef2df445758f60634113ecd6.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Re:

I can't speak for mounts, but early 90s honda accord is a good option also. More power than the civic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I do not know about now, but, I tried to get a set of 37" reds first of the year, could not get any and was told that BFG was not going to run any this year. They may become a white elephant. :dunno: Looking forward to seeing how this turns out thumb.gif

I'll find something for it. Maybe treps or irok stickies.
It has a brand new set of 36" iroks and brand new beadlocks on it now with stickers still on them.
They shouldn't be hard to sell. We'll see what happens.
It was built for 42'' pitbulls .

zayne2427 said:
I'll find something for it. Maybe treps or irok stickies.
It has a brand new set of 36" iroks and brand new beadlocks on it now with stickers still on them.
They shouldn't be hard to sell. We'll see what happens.
It was built for 42'' pitbulls .

It's definitely a cool rig

bjeep said:
Head room looks good. But the bars directly in my line of sight would drive me crazy. :popcorn:

I agree 100%, what about reversing them might give you a little better line of sight? :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

Re:

It's called Braille fellas. No need to see where you are going; just feel it.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
It's called Braille fellas. No need to see where you are going; just feel it.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Oh I get that. Only way I drive. But looking at those two bars all day ?????

CHASMAN9 said:
I agree 100%, what about reversing them might give you a little better line of sight? :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

You would think as many trees as the Heart Attack (Used to climb) there must of been a bar in front of Greggs face...

as a single seater it does suck looking directly in front of you but in this style of crawler you are usually looking out either side towards one of your tires. It may get changed though we will see.

I think i am going to make it multi function. Have mounts where i can drive it as a single seat and mounts for seats as a kid 2 seat crawler. All i would have to do would be, swap the seats, bolt the orbital in a new location and move the gas pedal. Should be able to swap everything over in about 20 minutes....theoretically

zayne2427 said:
You would think as many trees as the Heart Attack (Used to climb) there must of been a bar in front of Greggs face...

as a single seater it does suck looking directly in front of you but in this style of crawler you are usually looking out either side towards one of your tires. It may get changed though we will see.

I think i am going to make it multi function. Have mounts where i can drive it as a single seat and mounts for seats as a kid 2 seat crawler. All i would have to do would be, swap the seats, bolt the orbital in a new location and move the gas pedal. Should be able to swap everything over in about 20 minutes....theoretically

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that and the "Drive like Stevie Wonder' video I bought on line for $19.95 plus $6.00 s/h. :rolf: :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

I've wanted one of these for years, and tried to have one shipped a few times. I would have jumped on this too if I had the room for it. My only dislike is the huge dimple section blocking so much of your view. I think it would be tits with some portal axles under it.

Re: Re: Low budget, Rear engine Honda, 4Wheel steer project

zayne2427 said:

I've thought about this same concept for my future kids buggy.

Mount the seats to a cradle and have a cradle that bolts/pins in to make them change easily. Seats would be stationary.

Mount the steering/shifter to a sliding/tilt column or mount. Mount the pedal assembly to a sliding mech. If the pedals use hoses/cables it should be easy to pull pins, slide, and re-pin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts