• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Low budget, Rear engine Honda, 4Wheel steer project

Also thought about just mounting a 36" corbeau bench seat on sliders and make the pedals adjustable. Would be plenty of room for a single person to drive and if one if the kids rode with me or me ride with one of the kids driving there would be plenty of room. That would keep me from having to swap seats out and just install 2 headrest for head support......
This may could work if I can fit it through one of the openings.... Anyone have one laying around

When I was building our buggy for the kids and myself. I went with a stationary seat and adjustable pedals. The steering is stationary as well. The controls are all either cable, hoses or dbw. It worked out well. I will try to find pics. Basically a lighter version of a receiver hitch with multiple pin locations.
I have a Corbeau bench seat in gray vinyl that the kids outgrew that I'm not using if you go that route.

I wish. I was planning on using them on Big Booty Judy but they are too short. They are going on my brothers buggy. THE Legend is about to get a complete make over. 4 New ORI's, Pholman's 6.0, th400, Titan black box/205, and redoing the tube work from the A-Pillar forward

This is what my next buggy will be. Love these chassis. I'm going to dogs wider version to fit 2 seats.

Should be a cool rig when finished. Speaking of visibility, do the gussets off the A-Pillar not block a lot?

bamatoy said:
Should be a cool rig when finished. Speaking of visibility, do the gussets off the A-Pillar not block a lot?
it does some and will probably be removed before its all said and done. The original prototype that rock ape didnt even have the vertical Down bar (second A pillar) it should be plenty strong enough without the dimpled gusset

mckeddie said:
This is what my next buggy will be. Love these chassis. I'm going to dogs wider version to fit 2 seats.

Yeah i really wish this one was wide enough to fit 2 adult seats in it.

Tapatalk decided to work. Busy day today... Bought an 88 Civic with Auto trans. The gas tank was sitting in the front seat along with a ton of other parts. Found the oil plug in the back, filled engine with oil, put on a hot battery and sprayed some starting fluid in the intake and she fired right up. So naturally did what any sane human would do.... Pull the engine and get it ready for it's new home.
Also cut out the dimpled A pillar so you can actually see now.
Relocated battery box
Cut the roof bar and made room for a corbeau bench seat that got delivered this afternoon by RustyC. Fit perfect.
At least we are making progress
d01c40c9e9899fa22e072c709c6a1441.jpg
7d09749eeadf30bf5941665895067fb0.jpg
0930843c5b51305741e3b51b5a86fe36.jpg
81a4d29a21e794f9fcf55a6683f2d0af.jpg
c015af04a9d9d3db4b623a280c42fd43.jpg
f25c645caff7d835b2fb9030dc87a123.jpg
c24d663efdcb09d48e4b4c2e9fd665a8.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The lines of the chassis look so much better with the trimmed down A pillar gusset. Quick question though, why a bench seat instead of a single seat ?

I bought the rig primarily for my wife but am going to put in adjustable pedals where my kids can grow into it. This way I can ride with one of them or they can ride together.
It will be right hand drive where I can sit on the left while my son drives and I'll have easy access to the brake.

Re:

So the kids can ride by themseleves

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts