• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crappy for sale ads

creepycrawly

This is half light hearted and half serious because it annoys the piss out of me.

Why do people post half ass complete for sale adds? We have rules that say price, pics, and location are required here. A method of contact is nice, but not necessary and I totally get why people would be reluctant to post their phone number. On to the rest.

Price: if you gotta ask, you can't afford it. Maybe, but then again maybe I can. Why make me have to ask? It wastes my time and yours best case. Worst case, you miss a sale and I miss a buy because I wanted it but thought I couldn't afford it.

Pics: text for pics? Why would you want 8 million people texting you for pics just out of curiosity? It's not hard to post pics. Don't have pics currently? Wait until you have pics to post them. If you don't have 5 minutes to take some pics, what makes me believe you have time to maintain the junk you are selling? Or to meet me to show it?

Location: Northern Kentucky is pretty dang vague. Is it in Paducah or Ashland? Both are cities on the northern boundary of the state but are almost 400 miles apart. I totally get not posting your street address for the meth heads to show up while you are on vacation, but dang man. Lemme get city and state at least. Bare minimum. I've had a ton of vehicles and have driven to get most of them. The logistics piece is huge in the deal and often determines whether I am interested or not.

So let's hear it folks. I know some of you have done these things and I am genuinely curious why. Is the wife making you sell and you don't really want to so you give it a half assed attempt to appease her? Is it just oversight and accidental? Have you never thought about the potential negative effects on your potential sale?

What say ye?

Re: Crappy for sale adds

Hell I was looking for a dirt bike for sale add and couldn't find it

BUG-E J said:
Hell I was looking for a dirt bike for sale add and couldn't find it

I guess I just can't please everyone all the time :flipoff1:

This is not CL, don't attach a link to it, and YES I do know what a link is and what it is good for, usually attaching a virus to you when you open it up. If you post up a picture, maybe hit the vehicle with a water hose or some windex if you plan on asking for an arm or a leg for it, presentation is everything when it comes to selling. Just my .02

ADMINISTRATOR

And don't make a login just to post something for sale. I don't care how long you say you've been stalking. If you are participating you don't get a trophy.

Re:

All the Four Cell adds have looked good too me

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

As long as the vehicle has good or great breaks and only leaks when there is fluid in it.....I'm good with most things. ;)

I look at it this way. If they are to lazy to make a good for sell thread. They do not care enough to take care of what they are selling.
So I just do not buy it. But I think they need to follow the rules. thumb.gif

bjeep said:
I look at it this way. If they are to lazy to make a good for sell thread. They do not care enough to take care of what they are selling.
So I just do not buy it. But I think they need to follow the rules. thumb.gif

My rant is really less about the rules and more about understanding the thought process. I am genuinely curious. Especially the "eastern Tennessee" or "northern Virginia" thing. Is listing your city and state really giving away too much personal info? If so, when I text you and say I want to see whatever you are selling, do you give me your address or meet me 3 towns over to preserve your privacy?

I love how people "really need to sell" said item....but you can't get them to answer a phone call, text, or pm. Wtf is up with that. I'm not gonna force anyone to take my money!

I've got a bucket of crappie. Just make an offer an it's yours. I didn't know it justified its own fer sail ad tho.

Located in Nashville
Price: make offer
37cf17f08bd8945d82f92f97ec318b03.jpg

The Luke said:
I've got a bucket of crappie. Just make an offer an it's yours. I didn't know it justified its own fer sail ad tho.

Located in Nashville
I'll take them for free. But only if you clean fillet vacuum seal and deliver

Sorry, gave them to the dog. I needed the bucket to give the kid a bath.

I can't stand it as well. What I hate most is when they post 10+ pics of a vehicle and then proceed to say "these wheels and tires do not come with, I've got another set" etc. take pictures of the damn thing of what it will look like when I come to see it.

Trying to remember last time I privately sold a vehicle....I think I'm my worst enemy. Generally a vehicle I sell has been VERY well taken care of(maintained / inspected / solid) but I find myself pointing out any little tiny thing that would annoy me. Broken clips that cost a dollar....sticker missing or faded. Rock chips(on 150,000 mile vehicles), no floor mats.....stupid **** to some but I dunno I'm weird.

I sold my 3" body lifted / 33" tire / locked rear 2001 Ford Explorer to a local guy. I took all the pictures a logical human being / non typical craiglist ****er would do. Had 4 or 5 people come look at it all of them said, "Damn, this thing is a lot cleaner that what you made it out to be!"

creepycrawly said:
My rant is really less about the rules and more about understanding the thought process. I am genuinely curious. Especially the "eastern Tennessee" or "northern Virginia" thing. Is listing your city and state really giving away too much personal info? If so, when I text you and say I want to see whatever you are selling, do you give me your address or meet me 3 towns over to preserve your privacy?
Absolutely, I will trailer 3 towns over. I have never sold anything from my residence. I don't care how big or how much work it takes to meet someone. You aren't comin to my house.

Unlesssss. . . . . . You a few of the jokers on here who know me by my stage name. You know who you are. Lol

I always meet up at the Bimbo's in Lenoir City. : ) Sell a hooptie....buy some fireworks, get gas, hot chicken dinner or pizza and beer to finalize it all! Maybe some tampons for the ol' lady if get my asking price on said hooptie.

LightBnDr said:
Absolutely, I will trailer 3 towns over. I have never sold anything from my residence. I don't care how big or how much work it takes to meet someone. You aren't comin to my house.

Unlesssss. . . . . . You a few of the jokers on here who know me by my stage name. You know who you are. Lol

And that's perfectly fine. I am not a huge fan of random folks at my house either. But post the town in which the vehicle can be seen so I can put it in the idiot box for directions. "NorCal" doesn't come up with driving directions.

The Luke said:

Located in Nashville

That made me laugh.

I
tonybolton said:
Trying to remember last time I privately sold a vehicle....I think I'm my worst enemy. Generally a vehicle I sell has been VERY well taken care of(maintained / inspected / solid) but I find myself pointing out any little tiny thing that would annoy me. Broken clips that cost a dollar....sticker missing or faded. Rock chips(on 150,000 mile vehicles), no floor mats.....stupid **** to some but I dunno I'm weird.

I'm the same way. I had one guy ask if I really wanted to sell the truck or talk him out of it.....He did give me full price for my honesty ( Or just to shut me up )

tonybolton said:

I sold my 3" body lifted / 33" tire / locked rear 2001 Ford Explorer to a local guy. I took all the pictures a logical human being / non typical craiglist ****er would do. Had 4 or 5 people come look at it all of them said,
"Damn, this thing is a lot cleaner that what you made it out to be!"

#CHM

I normally don't acquire a ride til it has 150,000 miles or so

Latest posts