• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2000 Silverado 1500, Tons, 37's and ORI's in Wheaton, IL - $3900.00

ridered3

Not Rigless
Posting this for a fellow wheeling buddy. Short bed, solid axle, Silverado 1500. Wheeled with this truck several times over the years and run many road miles in the passenger seat.

2000 Silverado reg. cab, short bed, SAS
5.3L, auto
$4900 obo
~198k miles
Located in Wheaton, IL, just west of Chicago

I am about 85% complete on my plans for this truck, but have gotten married and moved to a place where space is limited, so the truck must go. I did complete a 8+ hour drive with the truck and a UHaul trailer from TN to IL without any hiccups, so the truck is driveable as is too.

What the truck needs in order to be properly driveable:

-The new larger tires rub at the back of the front wheel opening. My plan was to convert from the radius arm set-up and go 3-link and move the front axle forward 2 inches. Clearancing the fenderwells is the other option, but I hoped to avoid that. I also planned to redo the front crossmember and ORI mounts to allow for more uptravel while I was digging into the rework.

-The hydro assist is new and hasn't been dialed in. I planned to do Redneck Ram's stock pump mod to make it more effective. The system is in place and ready to go, though. It just needs a bit more fluid pressure to be really helpful.

Here's the list of mods:

-Radius arm SAS with 12" ORI's
-Dana 50 with '97 Dana 60 outers to get rid of the unit bearings
Also have the rest of the Dana 60 (in TN currently) that will be included in the purchase. Planned to install the 60 when I went 3-link.
Have an additional welded Dana 50 carrier that will be included.
-AAM 11.5 rear, Gov-Loc
-4.88 gears
-Deaver rear springs, Bilstein 5100's (valved a bit stiff though..)
-Monster in a Box tranny rebuild with add'l Sonnax upgrades
-NP241 with SYE
-H.A.D. rear shaft, 1350 CV front, 1480 rear
-Homemade front shaft, but it works for now.
-(5) 385/70R16 Toyo M/T's, a true 37" tire, basically brand new. Spare is un-mounted.

Issues:

-Rust on rear fender wells. Plan was to either take the bed off and build a flat bed, or cut the fenders and install some flares.

-One area of the frame needs to be repaired for rust where it transitions from boxed to C-channel. Cutting it out and putting in a small patch plate would do the trick.

-One rocker is soft from rust. Holes will appear fairly soon I would say.

-Radius arm bushings need to be replaced to firm up the steering, as it has a bit of wander, currently. I have the replacement bushings, I just haven't installed them.

-The rust is the biggest issue, but it is definitely fixable at this stage. Just want the buyer to know what needs to be done.

call or text (931)-two three nine-1928

Re: 2000 Silverado 1500, Tons, 37's and ORI's in Wheaton, IL - $4900.00

Couple of pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 135
TBItoy said:
Trade for a boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll pass it along to him. Told him that he needs that black 4Runner of yours as a DD and weekend explorer which is exactly what he's wanting out of the next rig.

ridered3 said:
I'll pass it along to him. Told him that he needs that black 4Runner of yours as a DD and weekend explorer which is exactly what he's wanting out of the next rig.

I actually worked on the 4 runner this week and got the winch mounted and the belly skid on, need to take down the sale ad

TBItoy said:
I actually worked on the 4 runner this week and got the winch mounted and the belly skid on, need to take down the sale ad

Checked in with the seller and he said not looking for a boat. Progress on the 4Runner looks good though.

The Luke said:
Good deal. Hate to see it go tho

Yeah he said it was bittersweet. On.y had it since late 2005 with stock IFS and 35's.

Supposedly going to be searching for an XJ in 33's in a few months.

The Luke said:
Dunno where he'll find one of those

Based on talking with him it may actually be difficult. Wants an 01' 4 door, 4.0 with auto, mostly stock, low miles, and rust free...

Latest posts