• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ls motor on E85

collinmaune

Just got my ls 408 block back from the machine shop and the compression is right at 12.6 to 1, its a 408 with a set of ported ls3 heads that low really good. Does anyone have experience with running E85 its around 100 octane and a lot cheaper then race fuel. It's going in a new build and I haven't ordered a fuel pump or injectors for the motor yet.

Been running E85 for a few years. No issues yet. I don't run the buggy much in winter so I drain all the fuel out. It's pretty hard on lines I hear but no issues yet. I replace my -12 line feeding my pump last year because it felt a little soft though. Probably replace the rest of them next year just because.

If your wondering. I'm running -12 aeromotive filter to-12 aeromotive eliminator pump to -10 aeromotive post filter and up to the rails -8 . 80# injectors. I have changed both fuel filter cartridges several times

kmcminn said:
Motor specs?

Not getting into too much detail , iron block 6.0l, good heads, Holley hi ram intake, cam, procharger 15lbs boost

Im84 said:
Been running E85 for a few years. No issues yet. I don't run the buggy much in winter so I drain all the fuel out. It's pretty hard on lines I hear but no issues yet. I replace my -12 line feeding my pump last year because it felt a little soft though. Probably replace the rest of them next year just because.

I think aeromotive makes lines with an E85 resistant liner inside.

Re: Re: ls motor on E85

Im84 said:
If your wondering. I'm running -12 aeromotive filter to-12 aeromotive eliminator pump to -10 aeromotive post filter and up to the rails -8 . 80# injectors. I have changed both fuel filter cartridges several times
How much run time are you allowing before you change the filters? I have 10 micron areomotive filters as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: ls motor on E85

Bebop said:
I think aeromotive makes lines with an E85 resistant liner inside.
I bought Aeroquip lines that are rated for e-85. Read the mustang guys had good luck with them on the svt forum.

Need any aeroquip or areomotive stuff, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

noracin said:
Texas speed 408 same specs made 277 at the wheels on 43s ...

Too many variables on a chassis dyno to make a conclusion there. And I've never seen any 12.6:1 crate motors on Texas Speed.

I've got an 11:1 402 making 600 with a mild cam on pump gas. It would make 625 easy if I put something rowdy in it and that's without even bumping the compression.

redneckengineered said:
Too many variables on a chassis dyno to make a conclusion there. And I've never seen any 12.6:1 crate motors on Texas Speed.

I've got an 11:1 402 making 600 with a mild cam on pump gas. It would make 625 easy if I put something rowdy in it and that's without even bumping the compression.

Texas speed will build what ever you want them to .. they have an option online for 5cc dome ..

Dyno'd at show me speed twice, open headers , TH400, NP205, 14 bolt and 43 sxs

I'd really like to engine dyno a motor and then dyno it on a chassis dyno to end all of the oh it 50% loss or 38% loss or whatever. its a little different then a texas speed 408, but it should run pretty decent, its got a set of Frankenstein heads and could up the compression some by running a thinner head gasket. hopefully it will hit 600 but at the end of the day its just a number