• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ls motor on E85

collinmaune said:
I'd really like to engine dyno a motor and then dyno it on a chassis dyno to end all of the oh it 50% loss or 38% loss or whatever. its a little different then a texas speed 408, but it should run pretty decent, its got a set of Frankenstein heads and could up the compression some by running a thinner head gasket. hopefully it will hit 600 but at the end of the day its just a number

His sig mentions a 347 so LS talk likely triggers him.

Your motor gonna rip, try using Ford owner's tears for fuel that adds another 25 HP easy.

Re: Re: ls motor on E85

SkinnyPedalRacing said:
How much run time are you allowing before you change the filters? I have 10 micron areomotive filters as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I changed mine twice in the first year but I made my own fuel cell was just worried no matter how much flushing out the tank there would be crap in there. I'm running a 100 micron before pump and a 10 micron after. Yes I have the E85 rated hoses but for some reason that one section of -12 seamed soft. Then again I'm crazy on maintenance

collinmaune said:
I'd really like to engine dyno a motor and then dyno it on a chassis dyno to end all of the oh it 50% loss or 38% loss or whatever. its a little different then a texas speed 408, but it should run pretty decent, its got a set of Frankenstein heads and could up the compression some by running a thinner head gasket. hopefully it will hit 600 but at the end of the day its just a number

There have been other thread where people dyno'd buggies on big tires and saw losses in the ~70% range to the tire.

Hell I remember years ago seeing a build where a guy built up what should have been a ~200hp 22re on propane, and it put like 56hp to the tires on 39.5 iroks

TBItoy said:
There have been other thread where people dyno'd buggies on big tires and saw losses in the ~70% range to the tire.

Hell I remember years ago seeing a build where a guy built up what should have been a ~200hp 22re on propane, and it put like 56hp to the tires on 39.5 iroks

Yea I could give a **** about chassis dyno numbers. It's all about driveability/fine tuning at that point to me.

I agree. Engine dyno is one thing to work out any bugs and get the tuning right on a new engine. I like the seat-of-your-pant type dyno. If it scares you, who cares how much it makes on 43?

Re: ls motor on E85

3182da37423733a5cffa3775809ddd81.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I was giving some real world feedback on what the Rooster buggy put down....

Im sorry it dosnt fit rednecks agenda...

noracin said:
LMAO talk about triggered !!!

You reliaze the LS is based of a SBF don't ya ?

I think the more accurate description would be:

"You reliaze that when GM engineers set out to design the "LS" , they worked tirelessly for months on end, watching their calculations and models of v8 push rod perfection slowly matierialize, at the end of the project they had developed... A Windsor SBF.

So they said "****", went back to the drawing board, made the whole sum bitch aluminum, but kept the wrong cylinder head forward as an ode to the fabled SBC (to keep the bow tie boys from flipping their ****).

Then designed an EFI system that was extremely easy to "crack" so that it would remain the ubiquitous engine swap aftermarket darling that the ol SBC was for 40 years.

:flipoff1:

Fo real.

Ford screwed up by trying to get all ricer and add 13 cams and a bunch of valves to their v8s.