• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Partially Committed Racing's buggy #004 build

We are on the home stretch here before tear down - getting most of the final fab stuff taken care of and then tabbing it out for skins and skids and it comes apart!

Few notable updates:

Engine skid is done (this will get flanges and some plate obviously, plate is being lasered out this week along with the main skid plate). We opted for a full coverage skid on this one to be Todd proof thumb.gif

pb9oL20.jpg

EV38Auh.jpg

Also knocked out the last little bit of the perimeter interior. The console is being lasered out this week as well and should fall into place with the dash and shifters. The cooler you see is the trans cooler, and it will have a screen put in place over the cutout to keep it protected from the front.

gZuAVqT.jpg

tVV5eOW.jpg

Got the front end buttoned up also - headlights (and overhead LEDs) put in place and tabbed out. We scratched our heads a bit on the bumper, we initially were going to put a mini-stinger of sorts on there, but after bending and putting one in place it just looked a little out of place in person. The clean and tucked in front looks a lot better in person with the minimalist bumper there now. The fairlead will be frenched into the bottom of the grill and it should all look like its supposed to be there laughing1

We went thick on the bumper to also be Todd proof.

KsAQm9M.jpg

MKkmna6.jpg

LxHn4WC.jpg

Dirt700 said:
You do an amazing job, keep it up. If I wasn't broke I would have you finish out my buggy. Lol

thanks! we are just making our best effort to get Todd on the trails quickly, but at the same time making sure its all done right. We had some timing setbacks waiting on a new laser machine to get installed, but now thats up and running we are playing some catch up.

Got a little more done on the tin work this past weekend:

iFEUP4T.jpg

sitting in place while we tab it out for mounts:

ENHbgCy.jpg

8Rwt1z3.jpg

dash pulled, tabs added, Oh **** bar tacked in place, skin tabs, roof tabs, skid tabs, etc all done as well:

DONhAl2.jpg

Also got the fairlead in place and gusseted up (you can see the engine skid plate on the ground below it too, this will get welded in place when we blow it apart and flip it upside down)

a7rcDFg.jpg

We are really close to teardown at this point - few more tasks and then Todd and Justin will come up and wire and plumb it...and then its powder coat time

pennsylvaniaboy said:

Chipping away at the last little bit of fit and finish on the interior panels that takes up a good bit of time. Also doing the last little bit of tabbing for accessories. The little stuff that doesn't ever look like you are doing anything laughing1

The list is now down to a sticky note worth of things to do before it gets blown apart for weld and powder so its on the homestretch. I know Todd is pumped to wheel and we are equally as pumped to see him get to beat this thing down.

We made the test fit doghouse side panels and got them formed and drilled :

DJ8VBQu.jpg

IazXjBH.jpg

Then lasered out the final panels once we knew exact sizing:

j7nVfvS.jpg

These will all get the same pem-nut treatment as the rest of the interior did so putting it together and taking it apart is a simple job for just a screw driver.

Once we get this thing torn down, I will have some detail pictures of a few of the different things we did around the chassis that are hard to get a picture of in its current state.

We are close!

Got the interior panels in and done!

This was the final hurdle before we can start pulling parts off... A few things need to be gusseted in place before we fully tear down, but its going to start coming apart which is exciting.

ys7ZlpK.jpg

u6Yg8BX.jpg

fyfbpwJ.jpg

Been chipping away at it!

Have it torn down and we are getting through all the welding at this point. We will pull the axles and flip it this weekend hopefully and get it off to powder in the next 2 - 3 weeks whenever they have an opening we can squeeze in to.

9MOtm4q.jpg

EBAByXf.jpg

redneckengineered said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that puts their buggy away still muddy.

this is the first time ive done that in years laughing1

something about riding with a bunch of retards up at AOP and now it doesnt steer .... :stir: sumbitch made it up all the climbs easier then the other folks did though