• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Partially Committed Racing's buggy #004 build

slravenel said:
Its at powder now and we should be getting it back in the next 2 weeks. It should go back together relatively quickly after that - Will be this summer sometime for sure.
Where are you located in GA?

617_Racing said:
What part of Atlanta? I'm in Stockbridge/McDonough area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the guy that is the other 2 hands in the build is from McDonough...but I am intown Atlanta, near Little 5 Points / EAV

some crazy camera trickery going on here...its not purple laughing1

Its a deep royal blue that looks purple in the pictures for some reason...and it looks way different on the computer vs iphone too, so I dunno what kind of sorcery witch powdercoat Todd put on this chassis

Who cares...its on now! The fun part is next

VUgfkPG.jpg

mhm3fRm.jpg

New build is coming along nicely thumb.gif

Also was a cool write up on yalls other buggies in the recent issue of Rock Sports Quarterly.

I dont know the exact name of it, I will find out though.

Here is another few showing it a little better and with the interior panel color (silver vein)...but its still purple looking on the computer, but not on my iphone...

3TbJn6Z.jpg

fuOBtBm.jpg

Chassis is a prismatic powder called illusion royal. The interior panels are silver vien with a clear top coat. The exterior panels are getting painted a toyota color dark grey mica. Here's a swatch of the panel color.
076b5d7ae2a26127b1cb7408881e93b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I promise its blue :rolf: :rolf:

We got the chassis unloaded and in the shop on Saturday. Got the motor put in place, the airbumps in their mounts (always a big PITA), rear axle is in, rear shocks are in... this weekend we are going to try and tackle the front axle and get its new mounts tacked on it and cycled to make sure it all clears - then hopefully get the trans and tcase in place as well. So far, so good!

9Fc9HMV.jpg

pytCY8F.jpg

fMfXsq0.jpg

Got the rest of the drivetrain in this past weekend along with starting to bolt on some of the other major accessories.

Slung the dash in there too so we could start to see how things were laying out and really looking with the interior color choice

ggys5QZ.jpg

Had a little bit easier of a day with the 14bolt this time, after its all said and done with shock mounts and all, it looks like we only lost about a 1/4" of uptravel which is awesome. Still have yet to cycle it fully so we arent totally sure about the driveshaft bind at full droop yet (built with a HP60 but now using a LP14 front), but can fix that when we cross that bridge if need be. We might get away with it like it is.

54KrLBa.jpg

m8umehP.jpg

Todd chose the skin color (tested it on the fuel cell) and I think its going to look good - there is still a little camera trickery going on here, the grey is a little lighter in person

7koPSLV.jpg

Started to get the interior panels going, but ran out of time so we will get after that next weekend

QOBr0RF.jpg

The garage guard approves

Zdig8GR.jpg

Latest posts