• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Partially Committed Racing's buggy #004 build

Got the links, radiator, driveshafts, seats, etc on the way over this coming week and we will make some big headway. In the meantime we went ahead and mocked up shock hoop locations. These may change slightly as we get things onboard, but roughly where they will be. Should get us some good uptravel numbers to keep it comfortable on the trails.

RxzNhT4.jpg

uka1DQB.jpg

ZDrlEVG.jpg

V7Tz1lS.jpg

slravenel said:
booyang

Yea probably should have clarified that...I have no ability or space to start a #005 until this one is done. This isn't my full time job...just hobby work on the side!

career change? :****: thumb.gif

That thing is looking awesome. The owner of that thing is gonna have chicks lined up for miles wanting a ride.

1tfrot said:
career change? :****: thumb.gif

I'm not sure I would want to make my hobby my job, or even have the customer base to make it worthwhile. I also don't believe that I am nearly talented enough to hit the ground running and make a long term thing of it :dunno:

T16murray said:
That thing is looking awesome. The owner of that thing is gonna have chicks lined up for miles wanting a ride.

That would be sweet and all...if he liked chicks :****: :gay: :wtflol: :spin: :popcorn:

But I tend to agree. It's pretty sweet :JRich:

slravenel said:
I'm not sure I would want to make my hobby my job, or even have the customer base to make it worthwhile. I also don't believe that I am nearly talented enough to hit the ground running and make a long term thing of it :dunno:

you're talented enough. doesn't mean it's the right choice, but...........

I hear ya though thumb.gif

1tfrot said:
you're talented enough. doesn't mean it's the right choice, but...........

I hear ya though thumb.gif

well I certainly appreciate the sentiment! Thanks

Although its hard to compare myself to some of these shops that are spitting out artwork on a daily basis. I get hard on myself about the details and would probably kill myself in the hours trying to make sure each build came out better than the last one and to the quality that people want

pretty big day on sunday - Todd came up and dropped off a load of parts and hung around for a few hours and helped muscle some stuff in place and get things bolted together. We got the links all together and bolted in, got the buggy to ride height and set axles into place, got the seat placed and set where Todd was comfortable, then moved onto shocks. Originally we were going to use 14" up front and 16" out back, but its actually going to work out better to run 16"s all around so we are making a swap there. That will actually get him some impressive travel numbers for shock on axle mounting and I think he will have a comfortable trail ride! We will add in some bumpstops on all 4 corners and a rear swaybar as well. Belly height will be about 19.5 - 20" on 43" tires and he should have about 7" uptravel up front and an excessive 10"+ in the rear. he will get the full travel out of both ends without limiting too which will be nice.

As "big" as this chassis is, when it sitting next to mine it still doesnt appear to be much bigger overall - so it should still be pretty nimble.

M4958Pm.jpg

zRiaNAE.jpg

irdl9AU.jpg

2lhSdNp.jpg

thanks yall!

Todd is definitely gonna end up with a primo buggy - hes sparing no expense on parts.

Its kinda cool to see a clone of mine in this stage build again sitting next to one complete. I cant wait to see it out on the trails too!

Another big weekend in the PCR shop -

She's pretty much a roller! Minus the rear shock tabs which we are going to recut into something that will look a little better and line up smoother.

lTqxMvn.jpg

aPHU7Kl.jpg

Got both seats in and mounted, there will be ample room there for the trans shifter and then 2 cupholders as well. The amp for the speakers will also be back in between there and maybe the trans cooler if we can't fit it out to the side of the fuel cell. We also got the Atlas shifters and linkages hooked up to the seat bar and everything cleared and lined up perfectly on the first try which was nice. We were able to use the stock AA shifter pretty much 98% of the way, with a few changes to put it exactly where we wanted and also be removable without pulling the seats. This will help with adjustments or pulling the tcase quickly if need be. Depending on how the floor and trans mount lays out, you could potentially pull the atlas without pulling the interior out.

5e5TCBP.jpg

tFLYhF3.jpg

nwAz06s.jpg

Went ahead and trimmed up the start of the firewall too so we can see where all that is going to lay out. It will obviously wrap around the sides too where those panels can be popped off for engine service pretty easily.

5VM9fjN.jpg

Then for fun we laid the massive bladder cell in the back to see how its going to lay out. should get a few miles per tank out of this thing - its going to be strapped in over the top and down all 4 sides and the trans cooler will sit on one side and the battery on the other hopefully. It might get tight in there with shocks...but we will see. Gonna make it work somehow!

mYCzpFI.jpg

nmgHSbU.jpg

The mini version next door checking on progress!

qTlqjsH.jpg

funny to see you talking about it being big. molaugh mines a 54" at 116" and now feels big after all that reading :flipoff1:

nice work as usual

For those still watching -

she rolled out of the shop on Saturday! put on some street diggers and pushed it outside. Going to make a few tiny adjustments, but its a big milestone.

We are taking a few weeks off for vacations, but will get back on it hard and fast at the end of October. Aiming to have it torn down for powder by the end of the year.

H9HI3E9.jpg

3tEGuEZ.jpg

redneckengineered said:
Damn seeing it outside and with the seats in it really gives some perspective, loving the clean lines. You should probably just cancel all your vacation time and finish it up :flipoff1:
I agree let's get this thing on the trails :stir:

Dang, the engine is low in that rascal. Shame there's got to be sheet metal and all those other critical parts taking up the view out the front of the buggy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk