• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

clayton ok ---- greeen acres closing

bigs10blazer

we heading down to clayton at the end of september,, we herd the other day the property is closed down ? any one hear why ? is it permanent ?

It's false. I'm going down end of Sept as well and our group was told to come on down. I think it was meant to deter one group from coming and it blew up....just what I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope that is the story. I am close but none in my group know any of the facts. We only heard it was closed down due to family reasons. Fingers crossed they will be open for biz as usual ASAP!!!

It's absolutely false. I assembled a crew to go wheel Clayton this last weekend and found out Friday late night that Green Acres might be closed, according to a very vague Facebook post from someone who claimed that Rudy called him to let him know the park was closed. I had spoke with Rudy the prior Monday, so I was hoping it was false. Made breakfast then rolled up to Rudy's house Saturday morning, and we talked with him on his porch. Sounds like a few peeps from a certain crew are not welcome back due to their shenanigans - personal issues with them and Rudy; don't really care to know more - but we were assured the park was open and we were welcome anytime. Wheeled Saturday all day and didn't see another rig outside of our group.

Sad that someone would twist the facts a little instead of presenting what's really going on. We need to police each other and our groups so that we don't lose more places to wheel - public or private. Spread the word that Green Acres is indeed open.

jordan7118 said:
It's absolutely false. I assembled a crew to go wheel Clayton this last weekend and found out Friday late night that Green Acres might be closed, according to a very vague Facebook post from someone who claimed that Rudy called him to let him know the park was closed. I had spoke with Rudy the prior Monday, so I was hoping it was false. Made breakfast then rolled up to Rudy's house Saturday morning, and we talked with him on his porch. Sounds like a few peeps from a certain crew are not welcome back due to their shenanigans - personal issues with them and Rudy; don't really care to know more - but we were assured the park was open and we were welcome anytime. Wheeled Saturday all day and didn't see another rig outside of our group.

Sad that someone would twist the facts a little instead of presenting what's really going on. We need to police each other and our groups so that we don't lose more places to wheel - public or private. Spread the word that Green Acres is indeed open.
Someone must have done something severe to be run out of green acres. Almost anything goes out there.

RebelRider said:
Someone must have done something severe to be run out of green acres. Almost anything goes out there.

That's kinda what I thought as well :dunno:

#greenacresmatters. #bigrockslifematters.

Anymore I just take rumors that come from there with a grain of salt.

Half a dozen times I have heard rumors of all kinds. Closing, deaths, men sitting in box blinds firing over your shoulder from 800yrds to keep you away, property line disputes, who really owns it etc.

After I made a few phone calls to the county I learned who really owns that area and the surrounding parcels.

So it became pretty clear to me what started and carried on the rumors of that place. Knowing those things now have changed how I look at it.

As long as Rudy is alive, he is the only "halfway" reliable contact we have other than Tiffany. So don't let silly rumors get you down. Rock it out before the white man takes it.

That is great news! Thanks for finding out some info, and if they pissed Rudy off I don't think I want to wheel with them or be around them anyway, we've never had a problem there and as always great Wheelin and it is one of our favorite places to go between the rocks that café and a hotel everything is always great, Thanks again, and we will be heading down in the end of September

bigs10blazer said:
That is great news! Thanks for finding out some info, and if they pissed Rudy off I don't think I want to wheel with them or be around them anyway, we've never had a problem there and as always great Wheelin and it is one of our favorite places to go between the rocks that café and a hotel everything is always great, Thanks again, and we will be heading down in the end of September
We will be there as well! Hope to see you and introduce myself.

LightBnDr said:
As long as Rudy is alive, he is the only "halfway" reliable contact we have other than Tiffany. So don't let silly rumors get you down. Rock it out before the white man takes it.

On November 4, 2014, a survey was performed by Ricky Steele, Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS#1198, CA#2275). It is filed at Book 0559, pg. 947 in Pushmataha County Land Records. It established the eastern boundary of Rudy's property. In so doing, it also established that he does not own the Second Water Fall (Melon Hole), Gosper Goo, Green Mamba, the ledges between Melon Hole and Green Mamba, or the entrance to Black Sheep and 8-point and 3-trail. Green Mamba extension appears to be owned by Mr. Kelley. Green Acres is a GREAT park and Clayton needs your business. However, you do not have permission to venture onto property not owned by Rudy.

I'm in no position to get into a pissing contest with a land owner. I respect it.

Im disappointed that this is what's become of a place I have built tons of memories.

Angels Camp said:
On November 4, 2014, a survey was performed by Ricky Steele, Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS#1198, CA#2275). It is filed at Book 0559, pg. 947 in Pushmataha County Land Records. It established the eastern boundary of Rudy's property. In so doing, it also established that he does not own the Second Water Fall (Melon Hole), Gosper Goo, Green Mamba, the ledges between Melon Hole and Green Mamba, or the entrance to Black Sheep and 8-point and 3-trail. Green Mamba extension appears to be owned by Mr. Kelley. Green Acres is a GREAT park and Clayton needs your business. However, you do not have permission to venture onto property not owned by Rudy.
Certainly will be mindful of this. Thank you for the information!

Angels Camp said:
So what if we swing by your property and drop $10 in the box?

Would that let us run gasper goo, waterfall and wet n wild ?

LightBnDr said:
So what if we swing by your property and drop $10 in the box?

Would that let us run gasper goo, waterfall and wet n wild ?
Good question. Seems reasonable.

You'd think they would want as many people as possible spending money in the area.....Lord knows that **** hole town could use it.

Angels Camp said:

Sounds real simple, If, Mr. Kelley agrees that Clayton needs the business, why does he not just grant permission? Perhaps he and Rudy could come to some sort of arrangement.

Yeah, maybe something can be worked out. Seems simple enough. Clayton certainly could use the business that comes with off-roading visitors. It's a great place to wheel, and it has so much potential to be even better with a little work and cooperation.

We ran into the Angles Camp guy not long after he purchased the property. He was walking the boundary line which is the creek from Jeff's Ledges on up to the Waterfall ledge. He was open carry and wanted everyone to take notice of that. He said he was some sort of lawyer so we figured best to just turn around and not cause issues.

He explained that he was going to build some kind of cabins all through the area, especially down near the creek, purpose was some sort of family retreat, rehab wayward souls, sounded like he wanted to save the world starting at Jeff's Ledges.

I have no interest in being shot for trespassing back in those woods, we just don't go over to that area anymore. It's sad that we lost some good trails but there is plenty more to wheel on.

Just be cautious of what you do and decisions you make. Especially expressing your feelings on the subject openly on social media.

He trolls here and many other off-road sites, forums and media sources.

So let's be respectful. As well as try to offer a way to compensate him for being allowed to use that short section of trail.

At least until his cabins are built.

So what say Angel Camp?? Could we come together as outdoor lovers and work together to keep that property taken care of??