• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

stolen jeep from pigeon forge jeep invasion Aug. 27th

keithc

I know this is my first post but I have a buddy in need. His jeep was stolen Sunday Aug. 27 from the leconte center at pigeon forge during jeep invasion. Any sightings or info of jeep or the person who stole it would be greatly appreciated. I have attached facebook post of jeep and picture of the man who stole it with contact info.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.png
    IMG_5402.png
    630.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_5426.png
    IMG_5426.png
    337.1 KB · Views: 238
Damn you think they'd have stolen something a little more inconspicuous.

That **** is stripped and just a burned carcass up in the mountains by now.

So if I read this correct that is a pic of the sorry bastard that stole it? Someone has to know this lowlife :gtfo:

dwa2469 said:
So if I read this correct that is a pic of the sorry bastard that stole it? Someone has to know this lowlife :gtfo:
that is correct. Someone snapped a picture of jeep not knowing it had been stole and then seen the facebook post of it being stole and contacted owner and sent pic to them.

Is the owner from Ellijay? I have seen it or one a whole lot like it run around Gilmer for a few years. Ether way good luck on finding it,hope it's found along with the ones whole took it

RockHales said:
Is the owner from Ellijay? I have seen it or one a whole lot like it run around Gilmer for a few years. Ether way good luck on finding it,hope it's found along with the ones whole took it
it is from ellijay. Owner had a lot of time and money invested in it . crazy someone brave enough to steal it in broad daylight with it being such a large and noticeable jeep.

Yea the other was a 1ton'd 4door. They drove in, parked, and within 5 minutes it was gone. I thought the same thing about it being inconspicuous. But when you're in an ocean of jeeps, I guess they figure they'll blend in either way.

The Luke said:
Yea the other was a 1ton'd 4door. They drove in, parked, and within 5 minutes it was gone. I thought the same thing about it being inconspicuous. But when you're in an ocean of jeeps, I guess they figure they'll blend in either way.
A nice one ton LJ red in color was taken too.

I guess these guys had to have left keys in them or something. I seriously doubt that anyone had the time to hot wire them right in the middle of the day. Maybe they had one of those fancy gone in 60 seconds key guns? Or they just had that little dude standing under the hood pushing the magic start button while Angelina Jolie made kissy faces at them....
ec41bb8757404607c6873dbc2767e6cc.jpg

The Luke said:
I guess these guys had to have left keys in them or something. I seriously doubt that anyone had the time to hot wire them right in the middle of the day. Maybe they had one of those fancy gone in 60 seconds key guns? Or they just had that little dude standing under the hood pushing the magic start button while Angelina Jolie made kissy faces at them....

That is exactly what I was wondering, reading through all this. Keys left in them or push button start :dunno:

You notice the security light is on on the dash? That's bs. If that jeep was stock it had skim and you ain't gtting buy that quickly in broad daylight. I'm gonna say key was in it

The Luke said:
ec41bb8757404607c6873dbc2767e6cc.jpg
I asked the owner if maybe there was some evidence left where it was parked or if key was left in it and he said no sign at all and key was not left in it.

truckbroke said:
Off subject but how did y'all get the picture of the guy stealing it? It looks like he's just sitting there.
someone had took a picture of it not knowing it was stole and later seen it was stole on facebook. Just so happen it was the thief in it.

keithc said:
I asked the owner if maybe there was some evidence left where it was parked or if key was left in it and he said no sign at all and key was not left in it.
Well the guy was able to cut a key by vin and had time to plug a laptop into it. Only way it happened. Chrysler may have a brake code that allows the vehicle to be started one time but he would need access to dealer website and know the vin.

BUG-E J said:
Well the guy was able to cut a key by vin and had time to plug a laptop into it. Only way it happened. Chrysler may have a brake code that allows the vehicle to be started one time but he would need access to dealer website and know the vin.
this jeep was built from just a hull pretty much. It has sbc engine and I don't know how much of the factory wiring was even still used.

keithc said:
this jeep was built from just a hull pretty much. It has sbc engine and I don't know how much of the factory wiring was even still used.
Yeah it was an easy target then. Dude knew what he was looking for