• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH 2018

ranger11 said:
Love the write up. Was 145mph loaded? I'd like to attempt that.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I remember every one of those readings with the exception of the 145 mph. Now I was asleep for about 1,000 miles of the trip and I wouldn't be surprised if my truck got borrowed a few times during the week by a friend. So it could be glitch with the monitor or it may have actually happened. It is a mystery to me.

TBItoy said:
Thanks for the share

sounds like you need a better co-driver

I went out to KoH without concrete plans for a co-driver. All of my friends are either drivers or aren't into offroad. End up with a friend of a friend as a co driver after qualifying. He got out when he had to and did what I asked of him, so I can't get upset about it. I know the frustrations that KoH will put on you. You question your decision to race at various points throughout the day, but after a little time and reflection, it always ends up being worth it in the end.

squeak12 said:
I remember every one of those readings with the exception of the 145 mph. Now I was asleep for about 1,000 miles of the trip and I wouldn't be surprised if my truck got borrowed a few times during the week by a friend. So it could be glitch with the monitor or it may have actually happened. It is a mystery to me.

Thanks for taking the time to do the write up and share your story. I enjoy reading about all the behind the scences stories and race prep/day issues. Hats off to you.

blacksheep10 said:
Sorry if I missed it, what was the cause of nobody being able to put gas in you?

At Pit 1, I guess the fuel started bubbling or something. We were in a hurry, so we didn't wait to see if it kept doing it. Just put the cap on and go.
At Main Pit, I made the wrong decision not to stop where we had initially planned to.
At Pit 2, they weren't my group pit and didn't have any of my fuel jugs. If they said I was dry I may have asked for a couple of gallons if they could spare it.

Overall, hindsight is 20/20. In the future I will have a better pit strategy and will have to get my own dedicated pit crew.