• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Favorite Prepackaged Sandwich Meat

blacksheep10 said:
If you're comparing it to eating out, I disagree. When I excavated I have a loaf of bread in my lunchbox and spicy mustard. Every day throw some meat (normally turkey) and cheese in a baggie. Lunch time make the sandwich. Mustard keeps at room temp, so does bread. I splurged on bread, like iron kids or something. Still like 15 sandwiches for $3. If I had time, I bought deli turkey sliced right there in front of me. If I didn't I used the carl buddig. Not the best but I never died. The one thing I'd spend money on even if I only had $1 bread and $.74 turkey packets was good swiss. From the deli, have them slice it for you, tell them the thickness. Nice and stinky and aged and terrible. Makes any sandwich seem like gourmet for about $.40 more a day or so. More than that if you're buying the yellow singles. Don't like them on deli meat sandwiches, those are for microwave hotdogs and maybe a burger
Yeah I forgot to mention I have to do jalapeño or Swiss cheese and tomato and lettuce with some type of chips. I can't just do bread and meat unless it's damn near a whole pack. I'd rather not eat than eat bread and meat.

The food city near my house has bologna I get it thick cut, it's about 1/2" thick. it's perfect fried with some good cheddar melted on it with regular yellow mustard and mayo. Mouth is watering just thinking about it. **** is expensive though.

Some kinda smoked turkey, usually Oscar meyer. I keep a loaf of bread, lunch meat, cheese, and mayo in the fridge at the shop. Sammiches eeerrry day if I don't have leftovers from the night before, but like today I usually forget to grab them before I leave the house in the morning. $25-$30 and I can eat lunch for at least 2 weeks.

j-mox said:
I'm interested in this. What kind of ratios are you using?

I only buy the regular size cans of tuna unless I am making salads, then I buy the smaller packets of tuna (don't have to drain and easier to carry to work and add to the salad when I get ready to eat it at a later time. There are two different size packs, can't remember the oz of each, but I buy the smaller one and it's plenty for one big salad.

But I assume you are talking about the other I mentioned. All cans of tuna I buy are Solid White Albacore. Have to buy Starkist brand if I am buying the packs for salads. Have yet to see Bumblebee in packs.

Sandwiches - 1 regular can of tuna will make 2 decent sandwiches, usually use honey wheat bread. I open the can, drain water off, dump tuna in a bowl, add a liberal shaking of slap ya mama cajun seasoning and sometimes I add garlic salt or powder as well. Also, you can use garlic salt and lemon pepper seasoning, it's very good too...but I prefer the cajun seasoning. After adding the seasoning, I chop up the tuna with a spoon which also distributes the seasoning. Squirt enough regular mayo in that will make it a decently mixed consistency, not to much, but you don't want it to seem dry. Then sometimes I do a few squirts of spicy brown mustard, sometimes I don't. Depends on how much you like it. But when I do, it's maybe 1/6th of the mayo volume. A little goes a long way so don't overdo it. Apply evenly on two pieces of loaf bread, add a slice of cheese if desired, cap with another piece of bread and feast. Good healthy sammiches. Also since it's going on bread, it's ok to add a little more mayo than with my other recipe below. The bread will soak up some.

Tuna snack - Do the exact same thing as with the sammiches, preparing 1 reg size can in a bowl with either cajun or lemon pepper and garlic either way, then I either just eat it with a spoon and simultaneously eat ritz crackers with it til it's gone, or if I prefer Cheetos or chili cheese Fritos, I literally just pour them in the bowl with the tuna and stir it all up together and eat with a spoon. **** is good.

I love tuna, I had a bunch of cans in the cabinet and lots of ritz crackers, cheetos, and fritos when the storms came through in 2011, so that whole week without power, I ate tuna every day and enjoyed it. Lol. Try it out, it's hard to beat.

Oscar Myer Carver Meats ham or roast beef for the win!! That **** is thick cut like right off of something cooked at home!!

Any thick cut bologna brand, bryan is my favorite unless I can get "rag bologna". Almost any brand turkey or ham but i liked the smoked flavored best.

Potted meat is ok with lettuce and tomato. Like tuna plain or made with dill pickles ( cant stand sweet pickles on tuna).

When time permits and have plenty of people to help I like getting a stick or half stick of bologna cutting a wedge out and doctoring it up wrapping in aluminum foil and smoking it. My my tongue reach out and slap the back of my head thinking about it.

Re:

If spam was good for you, I'd eat fried spam sammiches with A1 sauce on em every day. **** is soooo good, especially with the hickory smoked spam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Or spam out of the fridge. It has to be really cold but it is good **** with mayo. And if the cheese aint moldy i have a five stare meal!

TacomaJD said:
Tuna snack - Do the exact same thing as with the sammiches, preparing 1 reg size can in a bowl with either cajun or lemon pepper and garlic either way, then I either just eat it with a spoon and simultaneously eat ritz crackers with it til it's gone, or if I prefer Cheetos or chili cheese Fritos, I literally just pour them in the bowl with the tuna and stir it all up together and eat with a spoon. **** is good.

I like to drain a can add hot sauce mix it up good then eat it with saltine crackers. Gonna have to try the cajun or lemon pepper and garlic sounds good.

Yeah I agree it sounds good but without garlic. I'm gonna try it with SYM or hot sauce.

I love me some potted meat and crackers too!

Re:

Garlic salt makes the world go round. I rarely grill or cook anything without it. Don't be skeered. Its less important with the cajun, but complements lemon pepper very well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fried bologna and cheese sammich.

Two over medium eggs, buffalo chicken from the deli, Swiss cheese and light mayo on lightly toasted white bread.

Log of bologna, slits cut into it, rubbed in sweet baby rays and Tony's Cajun seasoning and then smoked.

Potted meat must be Armour brand. Two pieces of honey wheat bread and you got a sandwich.
Follow that with Kraft marshmallow cream on saltine crackers for your dessert. If you haven't tried it, you should.

Latest posts