• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired RIOT Rock Bouncer (price drop)

Re: RIOT Rock Bouncer

jsburkey21 said:
I had a local machine shop build the engine. Its a 6.0LQ4 block, LS2 rods, PRC stage 3 243 casting heads, chromolly push rods, titanium valves, ATI 15% over driven crank pulley, 68lb injectors, EFI live Fuel management, Magnuson reverse inlet supercharger, 8 groove belt conversion, 2" 409 stainless headers, nitrous with NOS window switches tied into the TPS.

Is that 1000 dyno proven hp? Wild to see a pretty relatively stockish setup holding up to that! Aren't the LS2 and LQ9 rods the same? Would be interested to hear more about this setup, could be a decent easily obtainable setup for folks if its truly that powerful and holds up. Was it put on and engine dyno and a wheel dyno - always interested in the parasitic loss on these things also

slravenel said:
Is that 1000 dyno proven hp? Wild to see a pretty relatively stockish setup holding up to that! Aren't the LS2 and LQ9 rods the same? Would be interested to hear more about this setup, could be a decent easily obtainable setup for folks if its truly that powerful and holds up. Was it put on and engine dyno and a wheel dyno - always interested in the parasitic loss on these things also

I have seen a stock ls2 rotating assembly put 900 hp to the crank and survive 40k miles in a crew cab truck

He did mention it had a 200 shot of giggle gas, so 800+ on motor then sprayed. "yessir, she has a 200 shot. I suggest going with a 50 or 75" Is that out of the question? :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
He did mention it had a 200 shot of giggle gas, so 800+ on motor then sprayed. "yessir, she has a 200 shot. I suggest going with a 50 or 75" Is that out of the question? :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

I know you can get big power out of LS platforms...I was just asking about what all he has going on in there is all booyang it could be a good setup for folks if its obtainable with parts like that. Tons of people would much rather build a motor like this than have to have block modifications and internal aftermarket everything on one. I'm not familiar with the bouncing buggies; I don't know what is going on in most of them - sorry if its a well known fact, I just am not involved in that world

slravenel said:
I know you can get big power out of LS platforms...I was just asking about what all he has going on in there is all booyang it could be a good setup for folks if its obtainable with parts like that. Tons of people would much rather build a motor like this than have to have block modifications and internal aftermarket everything on one. I'm not familiar with the bouncing buggies; I don't know what is going on in most of them - sorry if its a well known fact, I just am not involved in that world

Not at all as I too am new to the LS platforms and want to know more about making them go without making them siamese blocks that don't cool for crap. I just had one dropped in my buggy and got it back this past weekend and it is a stock block with heads, cam, and an aggressive tune on it. We will see.

I have personally raced against Jake for years in the buggy and I can tell you it will make a believer out of you. All the best parts in all the right places. :dblthumb:

HE will even rock his baby blue sweatpants and sing Coldplay to you if you buy it! Hey Jake, :flipoff1:

ADMINISTATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Not at all as I too am new to the LS platforms and want to know more about making them go without making them siamese blocks that don't cool for crap. I just had one dropped in my buggy and got it back this past weekend and it is a stock block with heads, cam, and an aggressive tune on it. We will see.

I have personally raced against Jake for years in the buggy and I can tell you it will make a believer out of you. All the best parts in all the right places. :dblthumb:

HE will even rock his baby blue sweatpants and sing Coldplay to you if you buy it! Hey Jake, :flipoff1:

ADMINISTATOR

and in addition to sharing tech, I'm sure hes smart enough to know someone with $90k in a backpack is gonna want some data and not just unicorn farts and "supposed to be's" :flipoff1: :stir: :fish:

AFR heads, cam, big ass blower and stock 05+ rotating assembly with floating rod pins is what's in this engine IIRC.

And yeah, LS2 & LQ9 had basically the same rods if you believe what the internet says. And Internet is always right.

I would imagine with 16lbs of boost and a 200 shot on that its got a hell of a fuel system also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get into a competitive rig this is a helluva deal. It has the parts list and it's dialed in. Trust me putting one together isn't as expensive as winning.

slravenel said:

The engine on just the blower dynoed at 850, it has a 200 shot of nitrous available (but i have never hit the full 200). It is too much to handle on the nitrous. I ran a 75 shot through it (75 shot jets, which multiplies through the compression of the blower at 16psi nearly 2:1) and i about pissed my pants. I dropped it to a 50 shot (jet size) and its violent. Honestly, its too much unless you want to just show off. If it was 1000hp on the engine only you could control the HP but the nitrous comes on so hard it is really hard to control.

slravenel said:
and in addition to sharing tech, I'm sure hes smart enough to know someone with $90k in a backpack is gonna want some data and not just unicorn farts and "supposed to be's" :flipoff1: :stir: :fish:

The heads are PRC stage 3 heads, i was going to link them but they are not on their website anymore. They are 243 casting which puts then engine at 10.5:1 compression. Titanium valves, chromolly push rods, double springs, etc. I paid 3,600 for the heads with cam, gaskets, and injectors. When i went to the blower i put 10psi boost on an engine that was making 530hp. I switched to a Brian Tooley Racing stage 3 blower cam and installed the larger injectors. (i want to say 68lb injectors but i cant find the specs on them). Then i put a %15 overdrive crank pulley on, went to a complete 8 rib belt system, and dropped the blower pulley down to 3.0". It was tuned by Lane Culver at Culver Auto Specialties. On the dyno it was showing 14ish psi but on the trail when i data log it regularly hits 16psi-18psi. The engine has a stock LQ4/9 rotating assembly with the later floating wrist pin LS2 style connecting rods and LQ4 pistons.

The fuel pump is a holley dominator 160gph
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/fuel_pumps/efi_fuel_pumps/efi_electric_in-line_pumps/parts/12-1600

The rest is all in the nitrous. It runs a typical wet shot before the blower so the nitrous is compressed through the blower. With the blower alone its bad ass, with the blower and nitrous it will make you think twice about matting the skinny pedal. Ear plugs are manditory. booyang

jsburkey21 said:
The heads are PRC stage 3 heads, i was going to link them but they are not on their website anymore. They are 243 casting which puts then engine at 10.5:1 compression. Titanium valves, chromolly push rods, double springs, etc. I paid 3,600 for the heads with cam, gaskets, and injectors. When i went to the blower i put 10psi boost on an engine that was making 530hp. I switched to a Brian Tooley Racing stage 3 blower cam and installed the larger injectors. (i want to say 68lb injectors but i cant find the specs on them). Then i put a %15 overdrive crank pulley on, went to a complete 8 rib belt system, and dropped the blower pulley down to 3.0". It was tuned by Lane Culver at Culver Auto Specialties. On the dyno it was showing 14ish psi but on the trail when i data log it regularly hits 16psi-18psi. The engine has a stock LQ4/9 rotating assembly with the later floating wrist pin LS2 style connecting rods and LQ4 pistons.

The fuel pump is a holley dominator 160gph
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/fuel_pumps/efi_fuel_pumps/efi_electric_in-line_pumps/parts/12-1600

The rest is all in the nitrous. It runs a typical wet shot before the blower so the nitrous is compressed through the blower. With the blower alone its bad ass, with the blower and nitrous it will make you think twice about matting the skinny pedal. Ear plugs are manditory. booyang

Yah, that's all badass and all, but does it have cupholders? And who will insure this? Jake from State Farm? :eek:

ADMINISTRATOR