• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AccuTune JK Build

TRD

Hey all, we bought a JK and been wrenching and wheeling away.

Got it the week before EJS and immediately started changing things.

**Currently On Our JK Coilover Kit with 4" Lift, 5" Up Travel & Fox 2.5 x 12" IBP Coilovers**

Started as a 2wd on 3" lift, Rubicon 44 housing in front.

Immediately lifted it to 4", cut fenders, installed BFG KR3 Tires

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Got it done just in time for EJS.

Met some awesome people and went wheeling.

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

A customer sent me his Fox 2.5 IBP JK Shocks to be tuned.

So I installed them and hit the desert while doing some tuning work on a desert truck.

He didn't see the mud hole and got stuck. Warn to the rescue!

Since we were there I couldn't resist the opportunity to run Chocolate Thunder.

7hFDfjlX0i0

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Went back out to Johnson Valley two weeks later to go wheeling with some friends ...

Got some body damage and broke everything (short side shaft, u-joint, stub and two rear driveshaft u-joints).

The short arm lift has horrible geometry and the driveshaft rubs the gas tank. JV is pretty tight so I couldn't choose my lines and paid the price.

A friend also ripped his steering box off the frame and was able to wheel out on a ratchet strap.

IMG_0863.jpg

P.S. that's no longer the correct line on Wrecking Ball ;)

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

18814701_10103153301136105_2939863605960074942_o.jpg

Went out to J.V. again and did more tuning and testing with a trailing arm TJ and to check some tweaks to our JK go fast tune.

Hoist.jpg

Mike-Flex.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

Then we cut everything off and developed our Jeep JK Coilover Kit.

4" Lift
5" of up travel front and rear
Fits 2.0 or 2.5 x 12" Travel Coilovers
Welds On

Pass-Side-Overall-1.jpg

Pass-Side-Close-Up-40s.jpg

Pass-Side-Weld-No-Shock.jpg

Rear-Overall.jpg

Rear-Upper-Close-Up.jpg

Next up are one tons so we can actually use this thing without bending or breaking an axle.

IMG_1274.jpg

clemsonjeep said:
It'll be fun to compare the videos from before the coilover kit to now...and then after the one tons!

Yeah, it'll be an interesting comparison on unsprung weight. Although the stock axles might only last one tuning trip.

4" of lift on short arms is not street friendly....

Get tired of the BFG's? Or do you just run the Goodyears on the street or something? Cool build though! Nice pics too, I would love to had been able to carry my old Toyota crawler out there!

TacomaJD said:
Get tired of the BFG's? Or do you just run the Goodyears on the street or something? Cool build though! Nice pics too, I would love to had been able to carry my old Toyota crawler out there!

Thank you!

I LOVE the BFG's but they wear very quickly on the street so I use the MTR's for daily driving.

It'd be great to get a group together for KOH (or any other time) and hit some trails! I'll be in Moab again next year.

Latest posts