• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tools and thieves

85toyo

Finally had the itch to work on the crawler over the summer so I went over to the shop and started figuring out where I had left off the last time I worked on it over a year ago. I got to noticing that all of my grinders that usually lay in the cab or on the tires weren't there. At that point I'm thinking maybe I put them up. After some searching, no grinders, portaband, sawzaw, buffers, circular saw, air impacts and some other random old cordless tools. Luckily one of my drill/impact sets was at home and the other was locked up in my toolbox. I guess the dumb bastard didn't have enough time or sense to take any of my parts, that I know of. Filed a police report which was a waste of time even though I know who stole my ****. :gay:

What I did learn from this is that without the serial numbers to your tools the cops can't do anything to help you. Do yourself a favor and document all of your tools.

I gave up my hunting lease so I might actually work on it again after I replace all of my tools this winter.

tonybolton said:
Haven't worked on something in over a YEAR?! Think maybe it's time to ......just move on?

I did that once. Took a break from working and riding my rig. Lasted for almost two years. I had some personal things to take care of.

tonybolton said:
Haven't worked on something in over a YEAR?! Think maybe it's time to ......just move on?

Nobody wants a project so I've either got to finish it or part it out. Kinda hate to part it out after working on 4 years.

Holy crap...4 years?!? I don't see how guys can keep motivated on stuff like that.

When the T-case and trans was down/out in mine for 3 months I was like, "I need to just find something else....**** this".

Of course, I do see stuff like this a lot. "Been building this for 11 years, finally got it done....took it out, climbed everything I pointed it at. I'm so happy". Fast forward a month, "FOR SALE / ONLY 1 RIDE...."

Different strokes, different folks...

tonybolton said:
Holy crap...4 years?!? I don't see how guys can keep motivated on stuff like that.

When the T-case and trans was down/out in mine for 3 months I was like, "I need to just find something else....**** this".

Of course, I do see stuff like this a lot. "Been building this for 11 years, finally got it done....took it out, climbed everything I pointed it at. I'm so happy". Fast forward a month, "FOR SALE / ONLY 1 RIDE...."

speed kills buy a chevy or dodge and live forever :flipoff1:

From 2011-august of 2012 I rode one time. was ready to sell the jeep. I can't stand not riding. this has been the only hobby that I truly enjoy.

tonybolton said:

I bought the stripped down truck the same day I left for KOH in 2012. The original plan was to throw it together with around a 12k budget. That budget eventually doubled and the build plans changed. Kinda got burned out on it and started fishing again last year. I've been on the water 2-3 days a week all year fishing tournaments which is what I did before I got into this hobby. Kinda hate to sell all of my **** after putting so much time, money and effort into it but I just don't care for it that much anymore. Maybe if I finish it I will want to go ride again. Who knows :dunno:

That bad part is that I could probably have it ready to tear down and weld if I would dedicate about 10 days to it.

Eddyj said:
I'll be home in a week, you need to borrow anything help finish it up just let me know.

Thanks for the offer but I've got everything replaced minus the portaband. thumb.gif

Funny thing is I tried to buy one at the Home Depot in Pell City last week. After looking high and low I asked the manager walking by if she may have one on the top rack that I wasn't seeing. She said she would love to sell me one but a thief had just ran out the door with the last three they had.

85toyo said:
Finally had the itch to work on the crawler over the summer so I went over to the shop and started figuring out where I had left off the last time I worked on it over a year ago. I got to noticing that all of my grinders that usually lay in the cab or on the tires weren't there. At that point I'm thinking maybe I put them up. After some searching, no grinders, portaband, sawzaw, buffers, circular saw, air impacts and some other random old cordless tools. Luckily one of my drill/impact sets was at home and the other was locked up in my toolbox. I guess the dumb bastard didn't have enough time or sense to take any of my parts, that I know of. Filed a police report which was a waste of time even though I know who stole my ****. :gay:

What I did learn from this is that without the serial numbers to your tools the cops can't do anything to help you. Do yourself a favor and document all of your tools.

I gave up my hunting lease so I might actually work on it again after I replace all of my tools this winter.

A guy Patrick and I knew stole my 9mm from my house, I realized it the next morning, so I went to the house he was staying and got it back.