• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Nick Names

ForMud

What's some of the funny/strange ones you heard over the years?

I met a DumDum and his coworker Goop this morning.
When wheelin with a guy last month and he was missing an arm and his was Hook. Real nice guy with a great attitude on life. I started calling him Tick Tock after a while he asked why. So I told him, remember the crocodile on Peter Pan that ate the clock? He thought it was funny as ****.

ForMud said:
What's some of the funny/strange ones you heard over the years?

I met a DumDum and his coworker Goop this morning.
When wheelin with a guy last month and he was missing an arm and his was Hook. Real nice guy with a great attitude on life. I started calling him Tick Tock after a while he asked why. So I told him, remember the crocodile on Peter Pan that ate the clock? He thought it was funny as ****.

I don't know anyone that goes by a nickname, but I have the real life Boomhauer that comes into the store. I have no idea what he is saying and I make him walk behind the counter and point to his tobacco of choice. He always has the last word and I never know what the **** it is. He may love or hate me, I have no idea. His expression never changes and he always comes back. I am half expecting this to all be a prank show and people to pop out.

Guess mine might be considered funny, was wheeling 15 years ago in Tx at Barnwell Mountain; I was in full bodied land cruise wagon, needless to say trying to make the climb out I smoked clutch, in a hollow all you could smell was just that.
Old grumpy fellow said I'll tape that foot to floor, didn't listen and next thing- dam it clutchee!
Well ever since then it's stuck,folks local to me around home only know that as my name. God sons only call me clutchee, one day they asked where I was and wife said Brian's traveling..... they look at her and say "who's Brian"!!!

Undernuts
Underroos
Mooch
Pumpkinhead
Richard Tickler (that was less of a nickname and more of an alias I would use when we went out of town. Richard has been a bar owner, foereign dignitary, Hollywood stuntman, world champion bull rider, and invented the zipper in 1965)

My dad works at a sanitary landfill as a heavy equipment mechanic.... a co-working of his was changing tracks on a D8. While cleaning the garbage from the tracks, he ran his finger through a used baby diaper that just came in a fresh load. He got the nickname "Poop Finger". I crack up when dad talks about him.

I worked for a guy who's wife went by Pudge, never knew her real name.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co worker goes by Chubby. He's not chubby ...heavy....fat or ever was. When I asked him about the name he just says... That's for another time man.

He's in a supervisory position and when I'm speaking with him I still call him by his actual name... I just don't feel professional calling a grown man that name in a corporate work environment.

With that said... There's a few "people" that call me T Bizzle. I don't really care for it, doesn't bother me. All I do is ask them when we have outside visitors to please address me by my Gubment name.

Have a buddy whose last name is Moeller so we call him Tooth, when he got married we called her Mrs. Tooth and refer to them and their daughter as the Teeth.

Got a buddy named Jeremy that's known for his chuckle and we called him Chuckles and it gotten shorten to Chuck. Anytime anyone from outside our group refers to him by his real name we all seem lost. He's the manager at TSC and when I go in and ask his employees for Chuck they just give me this crazy stare and can't believe they're boss might have some involved with him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

Funny one, we kept seeing a female millwright and we nicked name her stump. Then ended up on a job beside her and her company and low and behold her name on the hardhat said stump and everyone on her crew called her stump.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Work with a guy named Scooter, real name Jeff, and another named Odie(like the dog in Garfield comics) named James. Worked with them for years and didn't know their real name. There are still people there for 15-20 years who don't know their real name. Big Dog(Jeff) who was called that by even upper management.

Seems like I know almost as many by nicknames as their real name.

No one at work knows my name I think. They all call me Puddin'. Hell half the industry knows me as pudding.

I worked with a "sack of hammers" cause dude was literally that dumb, it was impressive how dumb this dude was.

I've gone by LukeBob for years. Middle name is Robert so the wife, nieces and nephews all found it necessary to call me that. Im pretty sure that one is around for good.

The Luke said:
I've gone by LukeBob for years. Middle name is Robert so the wife, nieces and nephews all found it necessary to call me that. Im pretty sure that one is around for good.

I just call you sasquatch.

Julio (Scotts Pics) got his name way back in high school cause he was always dark tanned and had a pencil thin mustache back then. Somebody said he must be a redneck Mexican, and the name Julio flew out. He's been stuck with it ever since. Had another buddy we called Ooga, cause he was a straight up cave man :****: . Me, well they used to call me Smith, guess not really a nickname, now its just Gabe. molaugh